Chapter 1 (pt. 5 & 6)

Part 5 

Mary's POV

I got up early to make a cake for Ellie's 13th birthday A few hours later as I was pulling out things to make breakfast I heard rustling coming from her room, she was probably getting out of bed. I continued to cook breakfast and when it was done, Ellie still hadn't come out of her room. She was most likely playing chess or she fell back asleep. I set the table and called her name but she didn't answer. I walked down to her room and opened her door to wake her up, but she wasn't there. I looked everywhere, panicking, I took a breath and realized, the window was open above her bed. I walked closer to look out the window, but stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed... blood. There was blood on the window sill.   

Part 6 

Ellie's POV

I woke up with a throbbing in my head, cold metal on my back, a rope tying me down, and duct tape around my mouth. I squinted my eyes, trying to see into the darkness and not being very successful. I tugged on the rope but stopped when I heard footsteps from above me. A door opened and light shone through what I could now call a basement. The silhouette of what I can only describe as a fairy tale moved down the stairs until I could see the body of whoever kidnapped me. My breath caught in my throat when the silhouette finally stepping into the light. It was a woman, a woman with wings.

She turned on the basement light and brought a stool over by the bed I was tied to, She smiled slyly and said, "Good morning Princess, I was beginning to think I hit you too hard." I sneered at her and turned my head away, but she then ripped off the duct tape over my mouth. I let out a small cry, but kept quiet. She looked at me, like somehow she knew me. She sighed, and spoke very calmly and emotionless, "You have no idea who or what you are, and what you were capable of, pity really." I looked at her in confusion, but stayed quiet, nonetheless. She got frustrated when I would not speak and put a new piece of duct tape over my mouth. She then made sure the ropes were tight and left back upstairs for who knows how long.

If you enjoyed, leave a vote, comment, etc. ❤