Chapter 2 (pt. 1 & 2)

Part 1

Jessimae's POV

It's been a little over a year since I took Ellie from her home. I feed her three times a day and she has clean clothes and a full bathroom in the basement, I'm not cruel. After all, I know what it's like to not be able to see your child for so long. I was heartbroken when that bastard took my child and left in the middle of the night. It took me a year to get visitation on the weekends. But I'll finally be able to see my little angel. I just need to make this sandwich for Ellie then my ex husband should be here with my baby.

I unlocked the chain on the basement door and brought down a tray for Ellie and made sure she had everything she needed, then I heard the doorbell. I smiled and rushed upstairs to welcome my child after a whole year of not seeing them.

Part 2

???'s POV

I rang the doorbell and waited for my mother to answer the door. I was not happy that my dad had forced me out of bed today to go see someone who I haven't even seen in over a year. I don't even like the old hag. But my dad said if I went I'd be able to go on the cruise I've been wanting to go on. So I put my big kid smile on as she opened the door and smiled. She hugged me tightly, took my things from my dad and shut the door on him. I looked around the house, it was nothing special, not too big, not too small. She showed me where my room was and went off to go fix something to eat. I decided to explore the house a bit.

Walking into each room, inspecting the trinkets on the shelves, it was all boring. I turned down the hall towards what I guessed what the garage. I saw a metal chain wrapped loosely around the door and the lock pad on the floor. "What the hell is so important that the garage needs to be locked up," I thought to myself. I listened and made sure my mom was still cooking then I carefully and quietly took the chain off and opened the door.

If you enjoyed, leave a vote, comment, etc. ❤️