Chapter 2 (pt. 3 & 4)

Part 3

Ellie's POV

I had just gotten out of the shower and put some clothes on when I heard the door up the stairs open. Weird that Jessimae would come down right after she gave me lunch. I sat down on my bed and watched the silhouette walk down the stairs almost sneakily. There was something different about this shadow. It was shorter. It wasn't Jessimae. Instead it was a girl. A teenage girl. We locked eyes for a moment, myself in confusion and her in terror. She ran over to me.

"Oh my god, who are you? Are you okay? Why are you down here?" She asked in a shushed but hurried voice.

"Um, I was taken about a year ago... been here since."

She cursed under her breath and looked back up the stairs. "I'm getting you out of here. Do you have family?" For a second my mind went blank, then I remembered, "my mom, Mary." "You can't go to her, my mom will find her... I know where we're going. Grab anything you can. You're leaving," she said with determination. She was also a fairy, and her wings shown a little brighter as she tried to listen to the room above. I grabbed what I could and then we quietly crawled up the stairs. She opened the door and we were in a garage. The girl pressed the button to open the door, grabbed my hand and pulled me to one of the cars. I got in and she got into the driver's seat. She put it in reverse and slammed on the gas. I was finally free. Out of the basement and away from Jessimae forever.

Part 4

Ellie's POV

We had been driving for a few hours, neither of us had said a word since the girl that saved me peeled out of the garage. I watched her as she drove, concentrated, careful, and protective. I cleared my throat and spoke softly, "My name's Ellie..." She glanced over at me for a moment before returning her gaze back to the road. "Terrwyn," she said after a few seconds of silence. I nodded thoughtfully and went back to staring outside at all the trees.

Terrwyn's POV

A million things were going through my head as I drove. Why would my mother kidnap a child, what significance does this girl have to my mother, is she dangerous, can I trust her? She told me her name was Ellie, quite a Fae type name for a human. I might have to get in touch with my old friends in Rhona and see if she has anything to do with our dimension, or if my mother had just gone insane. We finally made it to the cabin, it was small, and had been vacant for years, but no one knew it was here except me, which means it was safe for now. I pulled into the small garage and turned off the car. Ellie was asleep, so peaceful and elegant, I tapped her shoulder softly to wake her. She stirred a bit and opened her eyes, frightened at first, then calmer after she woke up a bit more. I smiled softly and got out of the car and went to her door and opened it for her. She shakily got out of the car and I helped her up to the house. I took the key from the flower bed and unlocked the door. "Welcome home," was all I said.

If you enjoyed, leave a vote, comment, etc. ❤️