Chapter 3 (pt. 1 & 2)

Part 1

Ellie's POV

It was about 1 am when I woke up with a bad feeling in my stomach. I knew something was wrong but I couldn't tell what. I walked into the living room and turned on the TV and flipped through the channels until something caught my eye. The news channel. "Breaking News: Mother of the missing girl was found dead in her home a few hours ago. Police say foul play, but no leads so far." I stared at the screen for what seemed like hours, which was probably only a few moments. Before I knew what was happening, I screamed, a long and painful cry, not caring if anyone heard.

Terrwyn's POV

I woke up to a loud scream and grabbed my knife by the bedside and ran into the living room. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Ellie on the floor crying. I walked slowly over to the couch and stared at the TV. "Woman killed in her home, no suspects" were displayed across the screen. My breath caught in my throat and I plopped onto the couch, not disturbing Ellie. I sat there, trying to keep my rage under control while my vision started going red. I noticed Ellie looked up at me, and I immediately forgot how mad I was. She stared at me for a moment with tears in her eyes. "Why me?" was all she said. 

Part 2 

Terrwyn's POV

I knew I had told myself to distance Ellie, because I didn't know if she was dangerous or not, but I couldn't help but feel for her. She was taken from her mother, and her mother was taken from her. It wasn't fair and I wouldn't wish that on her, even if she was dangerous. She's 14, only two years younger than me. I don't see what threat she posed against my mother, but I'd like to find out. I still have people in Rhona that tell me what's going on so I'll give them a call tomorrow. I couldn't right now because while I was staring off into space thinking, Ellie had climbed up onto the couch and into my arms. She had fallen asleep on me, I didn't mind, of course. She had just lost her mother, not once, but twice. So I laid there with her, just holding her while she slept. I didn't know what it was about her that I liked, but it sure was something. I laid there for hours, just watching over her, thinking. When I looked up I noticed the sun was starting to rise, I should probably enroll us into school, because we are only 14 and 16, but not now, maybe next week or something. I slid out from underneath Ellie and went into the kitchen to make breakfast. After I was done making it, I set the table and took a shower. When I got out of the shower, Ellie was awake and sitting at the table waiting for me with sleepy eyes. "Morning," she said quietly. I smiled softly and sat down next to her, "Good morning princess." She blushed and looked down at her food, "My mom used to call me princess all the time," she looked up at me and sadly smiled. "I'm sorry, I was just-" "Don't be sorry, I like the nickname, thank you." I nodded and began to eat my breakfast, as did she. After finishing she took my plate to the kitchen and washed the dishes while I went into the other room to make a phone call back to Rhona.