Chapter 6 (Pt. 1 & 2)

Part 1

 Angus's POV

I let my mind go blank as I fought and killed so many people, people I was supposed to call family. People that I had once known, had become strangers. I had a moment to take in my surroundings and what I saw, it wasn't for the light-hearted. The dead were scattered around the field, the reaper slowly making his way towards everyone to collect their souls, while the wounded were being dragged off by others back to the base to be healed. I had lost sight of Terra and Jessimae for a moment, but a moment was all it took. Jessimae had lodged her sword into Terra's stomach. I grabbed a bow and arrow off a dead body and quickly fired. Time seemed to slow as people were screaming and the arrow sailed through the air and impaled Jessimae's throat. For a split second she had a look of confusion, then nothing. I flew as fast as I could, for I could see the reaper, Ankou, making his way over to them. I pulled out my sword and slid in front of Terra just as Ankou was about to touch her. I growled at the death omen, who looked bewildered that I was speaking to him. "She's not dead yet, leave her be." Ankou sighed for a moment, then spoke, a voice that boomed, but only in my head, "Her heart beat is nearly nonexistent, she will die, and I will deliver her soul to Valhalla." I growled again, as he tried to get near her, "You take me instead, I'll have someone take her to be healed. She still has a chance, I can't let you take her, Ankou." He thought for a moment, then spoke again, "I will take your offer, and I will transport her to the base to be healed, but if she dies while there, I take her soul as well as yours, and you both die. Is that clear?" I nodded and looked back at Terra who was trying to speak to me while reaching her hand out. I took her hand in mine and kissed it, and spoke softly to her, "You're going to be fine, say goodbye to Ellie for me, I'll see you soon, I promise Terrbear." She had tears in her eyes, but nodded slowly as her eyes fluttered shut. In an instant, she was transported to just outside the base where the Queen and King brought her in and had everyone trying to save her. I smiled as I looked over the battlefield one last time, before leaving this dimension forever.

Part 2

 Ellie's POV

I had been fighting for what seemed like hours, and had also been keeping tabs on Angus's and Terra's aurora. I was in the middle of shooting an arrow at someone on the hill when Terra's aurora died down almost completely. I ran as fast as I could towards it, then in the next instant, Angus's aurora was gone and Terra's was farther away. No, no, no. I screamed, having the same feeling I had when Mary had died, but 10 times worse. This time, I had seen their essence fade as they were wounded. Terra was just barely alive, I could feel her holding on. I closed my eyes, and in an instant, could see the whole field from a bird's eye view in my head. I was gaining powers, powers that I've never heard of Fae possessing. I searched for Terra and found her back at base, with my mother and father. She was safe, for now. I focused on the main threat, he gave off a different kind of aurora, bloodlust and power hungry was the only thing I got from it. I opened my eyes and saw the red shimmer guiding me to him. I followed it, killing whoever was in my way. Some of the soldiers from Rhona had noticed I was going into the mouth of the whole battle and followed me, fighting alongside of me. My vision was blurry, I only saw the red shimmer of the man that started this war. The red shimmer that was about to fade.