Foreword

If you are perhaps reading or hearing of Hamilton the Musical for the first time... Here is an explanation of the play, the plot, and the character this book will mainly focus on.

Let's start with explaining what Hamilton is and what it's about. Hamilton is a broadway musical written by Lin-Manuel Miranda. It was inspired by the biography written in 2004 titled, Alexander Hamilton, by historian Ron Cherow.

The musical made its Off-Broadway debut at The Public Theater in February 2015, where all the tickets easily sold out. The show then transferred to Broadway in August 2015 at the Richards Rogers Theater. On Broadway, it has received enthusiastic critical acclaim and unprecedented advance box office sales, as well as a Grammy. The Off-Broadway production of Hamilton won the 2015 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Musical and seven other Drama Desk Awards out of a total of 14 nominations.

Now, for the most important part, the person this fanfiction is based on. Marquis de Lafayette was born in 1757. Before his second birthday, his father, a Colonel of grenadiers was killed at Minden. At the age of twelve, his mother passed away and a few weeks later he lost his grandfather to death as well. He was left a very young, wealthy orphan. On April 9, 1771, at the age of fourteen, Lafayette entered the Royal Army. When he was sixteen, Lafayette married Marie Adrienne Francoise de Noailles - allying himself with one of the wealthiest families in France due to her relations to the king.

Now, I know he was married, but this book is for the sake of fun, and I just love writing this stuff~ ^w^

Finally, ON WITH THE BOOK!!!