5. Long Islands at the Hotel California

After Liam and Sophia along with Liam's bodyguards find me wandering in the hallway like a lost puppy, they show me the way to the "afterparty".

Apparently, this was the first of the last few shows of the North American tour. In the fall, they'd be off to their homeland, the UK and Ireland to tour before working more on their next album and releasing it this fall.

Talking to Liam within the five minutes' walk, I'd effectively learned the history of the band. They all auditioned for X-Factor in the UK as soloists, and for Liam, it had been for the second time. After making it a few rounds, they were cut, but then brought back as a band. At that time, apparently, there were five members in the band. Zayn, the fifth, had always been elusive, more so with added fame and as they grew older. He'd left at the beginning of the year, leaving the boys to fend for themselves in the middle of a world tour. But, they bounced back better than ever, seeming to be closer and more in sync. They were all from different parts of the UK, apart from Niall, who was from Ireland. They'd been in the band for five years, put out four albums, and were working on the fifth. Their job was to be busy 24/7.

"That has to be grueling," I remark, imagining the crazy schedule. "I can't imagine putting in those hours."

"When it's for something you couldn't imagine yourself not doing, it makes it worthwhile," He says, looking over to Sophia, her hand in his. "The only problem is not getting to see my loved ones as often. I try to bring Sophia out, along with my family, as much as I can."

Sophia smiles beside him, putting her other hand on their joined hands.

"It's a sacrifice," She adds. "But I'd sacrifice anything for him, and I know he does the same for me."

Before I can have the time to be fully immersed in an awkward situation, Lou rescues me.

"Gag," She says, walking up to us. I nervously laugh. "C'mon, Rhiannon, we're getting ready to eat and get some drinks."

Alcohol. Well, this should be interesting.

I follow Lou, Liam and Sophia trailing behind me. We ride in blacked out Cadillac Escalades, Lou and I, along with a body guard, and Liam and Sophia with Liam's guard.

The ride is about fifteen minutes long, and Lou asks me questions the whole time to keep the looming awkward silence away. She tells me about Lux, and it's beyond obvious how much she loves her. She seems like the type of mother every child could ever dream of; loving and caring, but relatable and non-judgmental.

"Are you dating anyone or have any family that would travel with you?" She asks, and I swallow nervously.

"I'm not seeing anyone," I answer, fidgeting with my hands. "And I don't have any family that would travel, I'm fairly certain."

"They're always welcome to come for a show or two," She smiles. "You could show them how cool your job really is."

"I don't really have a big family. There's really just me and my grandpa, but I doubt he'd want to travel," I say, and see her face pale, not sure of how to answer me. "But, my best friend is absolutely obsessed with the boys, apparently, so I may have to agree to bring her to a show or two so she won't try to crash one."

I succeed in distracting Lou from the first bombshell, and she smiles once more.

"I love watching obsessive fans around the boys," She laughs. "It's bloody hilarious. They get so awkward and nervous."

"Well, do you blame them?" I ask, shuddering at the mere thought of someone stalking me, screaming my name, pounding on my car, or crying over me.