13. Not the Virginal Mary

June 14, 2015

I woke up slowly at first, but then a sharp pain in my stomach immediately woke me up. I knew immediately that the bitch that was mother nature had decided to pay me a visit. I looked over to see if Harry was still asleep, and thankfully he was. I slid my legs across the bed and put my feet flat on the floor before I noticed the crisp white sheet below me was now splotched with a perfect dot of red.

"No, no, no..." I grumble, standing immediately and assessing the situation.

I immediately run to my bag and grab everything necessary for me to change. I dart to the bathroom quietly, putting on a new pair of underwear and a pair of pajama pants. When I walk back out to the bedroom, Harry is still fast asleep. I decide to test just how soundly he sleeps by trying to remove the sheet out from under him.

I remove the fitted sheet from both ends of the side of the mattress I slept on, then tiptoed to Harry's side, easily removing the side at the end of the bed. Thankfully, I'd only ruined the sheet and not the mattress. I removed the sheet from the top of the mattress on his side, but I couldn't get it out from under him.

I nudged his body little by little and finally he sleepily rolled over to his side, freeing the sheet. I gathered it and ran quickly downstairs, searching for a laundry room. Eventually, I found it and after bleaching the stain, put it in the washer and ran back upstairs.

Harry wasn't in bed, and I heard the water running, so I figured he was showering. I went back to the bed, curled up into a ball, and covered myself with the duvet, cringing in pain every time I felt the periodic stabbing in my abdomen.

"Babe," I hear Harry say, and I immediately jolt upright. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I assure him with a small smile, wincing slightly as I feel another jab in my stomach.

He frowns and runs his hand through my hair.

"Are you hurting badly?" He asks me. My eyes widen.

"No, no, it's nothing," I assure him. "I promise."

He sighs, standing up from the bed.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, Rhiannon," He says, pulling me from the bed. "I did grow up with my mother and sister."

I smile awkwardly.

"I ran you a warm bath," He says, and my eyebrows raise in surprise. "Take as long as you need. If you need anything, just say my name. I'll hear you."

I stare at him in disbelief. He takes my hand and leads me into the bathroom, where the fancy claw-foot tub is filled with warm water and bubbles that smell like lavender and vanilla. The light is off and there are candles on the sink and on the windowsill above the bath. With my whacky hormones, I almost cry at the gesture.

"Thank you," I say in amazement, wrapping my arms around his waist. "You didn't have to do this."

"Of course I did," He smiles. "What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't?"

I feel every muscle in my body become weak and a smile a mile wide erupts on my face. I kind've knew what our relationship was, but this was the first time he or I had ever muttered the words "boyfriend" or "girlfriend".

"Like I said," He continues. "I'll be here if you need me. Just call for me."

And with that, he closes the door. I rid myself of my clothing and dip one foot into the large bathtub, immediately feeling my muscles start to relax.