15. Coldplay!

We stayed for three or four hours in the studio with Julian, just chatting and singing random songs. Harry and Julian played some of the tracks that were being considered for the band's upcoming album and I offered my input on which ones I liked and didn't like, of course, I ended up enjoying them all. They were still in the writing phase, too, so Harry scheduled some days to meet with Julian and other writers to see if they could squeeze in a couple last minute songs for the album.

I wasn't sure how involved Harry would be with the songwriting since he was mainly a vocalist. He was very meticulous, however, pointing out different notes and offering insight on different ways to edit and produce the song as well as writing lyrics. It was very interesting to watch him do what he loved doing and have so much passion for it.

We got food to take back to Harry's before leaving the city and Harry also showed me different places he'd remembered being with the boys when they'd had memorable moments.

After we ate dinner, Harry had to make a few phone calls, so I stayed downstairs and worked on editing some photographs- something I'd put off for a while. I'd apparently did most of it right after their last gig, so there wasn't much for me to finish. Since there was nothing else to do and I was becoming rather bored, I decided to explore Harry's ridiculous California dream-house since there were still rooms and areas I hadn't seen. I'd seen most of the upstairs, but there were a few rooms downstairs I hadn't been in. One that particularly sparked my interest was a sort of multi-purpose room that contained many bookshelves and a desk along with a piano and a few guitars along with a bass guitar on stands along the wall. On the bookcases, there were also many different awards scattered along the shelves. There were Brit Awards, MTV VMA and EMA awards, Teen Choice Awards, Kids' Choice Awards, and many different awards from other countries I'd never heard of.

I kept looking back over to the beautiful Taylor guitar sitting in the corner. I could just hear it calling to me... Begging me to play it.

"Oh, what the hell," I gave in, picking it up, strumming out a G chord, that ended up sounding like a cat screaming. "Wow, you need tuned."

I took the guitar over to the piano and tuned it, but after hearing how wonderful the piano sounded, I ended up putting the guitar back and just played the piano instead.

I played one of the only songs I knew by heart, an Elton John classic, Bennie and the Jets.

I sang the song, or as much as I could remember of the lyrics. I even added the 'ssssss' on the end of Jets, laughing uncontrollably. I couldn't play anything but the chords, so it didn't sound as elaborate as the original, but I played what I knew of it.

I finished the song and a second later felt hands on my shoulders.

"Jesus," I swore under my breath, feeling my heart rate skyrocket. "You scared me."

"Sorry," Harry says, sitting right beside me. "I heard you from in the kitchen."

"Sorry," I apologize. "I hope I didn't interrupt your phone calls."

He stretches his arms out, placing his fingers on the piano, playing a few simple chords.

"You didn't," He says. "I was on the phone with my mother when you began to play. She likes your singing, too, by the way."

He smirks and I roll my eyes again, though I know it doesn't do any good. I watch him play the chords over and over, wondering if there are words to the lyric-less melody he's playing.

"Is that one of the songs for the album?" I ask, and he shakes his head.

"No, I actually wrote this one with a friend and it ended up being on Ariana Grande's album." He explains.