■ Revelations

"Speak," I said, crossing my arms.

"Its my cousin sister's wedding. Can't we talk later after the party?" He asked, looking uncomfortable.

"You are really testing my patience, Anderson," I growled, "Start speaking."

"I never stopped loving Alice. I love her. Still-"

I rolled my eyes. Liar liar pants on fire was made for this guy.

Though I was doing the same thing, but I had no wrong intentions towards Jared. Trevor was a devil.

"During winter break of my junior year, I got to know that we were shifting to Ohio. That meant going away from Alice. I didn't wanna hurt her. I was really depressed after that. I couldn't find the right moment to say it, plus I didn't have the courage. So finally, I decided I would say after the New Year party because soon we were leaving. Unfortunately, we got really drunk and one thing led to other and the next thing we know we are not virgins anymore," He sighed deeply.

I cringed at the thought. Poor Alice, "Why are you repeating what I know already? Cut to the point," I said impatiently.

"Next day, I got up. She was still sleeping. I went down and took a shower. The host of that party was my friend, so he didn't mind us crashing at his place. When I came up.....I saw Michael Hale and Alice kissing," He clenched his jaws.

"Lies! Michael kissed Alice. She was still sleeping when he came and kissed her forcefully. She thought it was you initially due to the hangover but she later realized and pushed him away," I shouted, "You know that very well!"

"Exactly my point! I didn't know that, I swear!" His eyes widened as he looked sincere enough, "Things had been rough between us before already and Alice and I fought before we made up at the party. So, when I saw her with him, the suspicions came back."

Freaking awesome.

"I came up and saw them kissing and I thought she cheated on me. I wasn't there for the rest of the time to see her push him away. I felt angry and betrayed. I felt hurt. So, I left from there. Next day, Alice came but I didn't speak to her and left for Ohio breaking all contacts. I was under a misconception throughout the time. Now two years later, I came back as I have few weeks long vacation and got to know Hailey was getting married. I see my friends and we hang out. They spoke about Alice. When I prodded, I got to know Michael had forced upon Alice. I felt so disgusted I got drunk. I crashed the whole place, went over at Michael's and gave him few good punches, landed in jail few days back. I came home and cried out. That's the end," He finished gulping.

I didn't say anything. I didn't know whether to believe him or not. This was so fucked up. Why didn't people see and hear everything before coming to a conclusion?

"I am so sorry, Allison for what I did to her. I know I don't deserve her forgiveness but I gotta meet her once before I leave again. I won't come here before Hailey's wedding again," He croaked, "I want to clear all bitterness between us."

I stood quietly.

I had heard too much information to process clearly. Either he was a fine actor or a big fool.

"So you wasted two years of Alice's and your lives just because you didn't stay back for few more minutes to see the entire thing?" I asked finally.

He didn't reply. His hands were in his hair almost ripping them off, "Yes, yes."

"I wish you had called Alice and cleared up. She called you day and night. She cried everyday...and you-" I bit back my words.

"I cried too. But now, I am going to make things right. I want to clear and sort things out with her," He gulped, "And don't worry, Allison. I won't tell Jared anything. Your secret is safe with me," He added dejectedly.

He was crying? Please no. No. That would be really awkward.

"To hell with my secret! You seriously think Alice will look back at you? She will want to go back to you? She is heartbroken, dude. She has changed. She isn't your Alice anymore. She has become one of the persons you don't wanna be with. Don't you get it? She is not the same anymore."

Trevor looked ashamed and haggard, "I just want to talk to her once. Let me speak to her."

"I don't think its a good idea," I muttered, shaking my head.

"I want to speak to her," He said, "Please."

"No, first I will speak. If she agrees, only then you will meet her. Understand?" I said, "I won't let her go through all those depression again. She has managed to built herself up somehow and you won't break it down again."

He nodded, "I am desperate now. I will do anything to get her to speak to me once."

"But you will go back to Ohio after the wedding? Then what?" I asked.

"I don't know. That's why, I would accept if she broke all contacts with me but before going back, I just want the truth to come out. Then, its totally upto her," He shook his head, "I don't feel like going back to Ohio anymore."

"Wish you had given a bit of effort two years back," I snorted. "Then, you wouldn't be here begging for her."

"I am sorry, Allison," He mumbled, "I am such a dumbass."

Too less.

"Don't say that to me. Say it to Alice. I don't know whether you are lying or not, but if what you say is true, then I would say your love wasn't wrong but it wasn't wise enough Trevor," I said.

"That would make me Othello, right?" He smiled a bit.

"Sort of, don't let your Desdemona die," I said vaguely.

"Thank you Alli," He came and hugged me lightly suddenly, "I will be really grateful if you could arrange a meeting with her on behalf of me."

I patted his back awkwardly, "Yeah, yeah alright. Let's go before anyone comes."

Suddenly, I heard footsteps and then a familiar voice spoke out.

"Alice?" Jared's voice rang clear and loud.