■ Irresistable Jared

We broke off immediately. I turned to face him and realized how wrong it might have looked to Jared and I didn't want him to think that.

"Jared, what are you doing here?" I asked, almost squeaked.

"Um, you weren't down yet, so I came up and saw you both..." He looked a bit angry. Or confused maybe.

"Relax bro, I like her sister Alic-Allison. I made some mistakes with her. I know them from before. She was just consoling me," Trevor said. I mentally thanked him

Jared relaxed, "Oh. You guys know each other?"

"Yes. When I was here, we went to the same school. Allison was my girlfriend. I plan to meet up with her again," Trevor lied smoothly.

Jared looked surprised, "Woah, never knew that. You guys never told me about each other," He said accusingly.

"It never came up," I shrugged, "Plus, I had no idea Trevor was your cousin."

"Exactly. Anyway, you guys enjoy. I am going downstairs. Nice meeting you, Alice," Saying, Trevor walked away before giving me a glance to mean the secret was safe.

"What was that?" I asked him, "Why did Trevor justify about Alli? You never ask anything about Allison."

"You are really stupid," Was the only thing he said.

"Why?"

"Nothing. Come on," He sighed.

"Where?"

"Anywhere but the party," He walked over to the balcony, beckoning me to come over. I followed him.

"Trevor likes Allison? She is his ex?" He asked, leaning back against the balustrade, facing me.

"Long story," I muttered, facing outwards.

He didn't speak further. He knew I didn't want to speak about it.

"The party is quite good," I said as a topic starter.

"Are you kidding me? It sucks. Hailey and I are almost dozing off," He snorted.

I snickered, "Hailey is really cool. She and Mark are so different. He is the quiet and silent type whereas she is bubbling with energy."

"Yeah she is. He can control her antics well. Cool level headed guy with the spitfire. Its so classic. Though, Mark couldn't have got a better partner either," He smiled with a hint of pride, "Don't tell her Mark is lucky too."

"Jared!" Hailey shouted from downstairs.

He groaned, "Forget what I said."

I giggled as we went down. Jared was holding my hand throughout the time but he dropped it as soon as the others came into view.

"Ohhh, you guys were upstairs, huh? You naughty boy," Hailey pinched his cheek.

"Gross. Keep your dirty thoughts and hands to yourself," Jared stepped back, rubbing his cheek.

"Okay. Why don't you get Alice and I some drinks?" She said.

"I can't drink," I said, "I am underage."

"Oh, I always seem to forget how younger you guys are to me. Have soda then. Jared, go," Hailey ordered.

"Why should I? I am not your servant," He grumbled.

"Its my pre wedding. Do as I say or am speaking about your childhood antics to Alice, the bad ones," She wiggled her eyebrows.

He narrowed his eyes, "I hate you."