Chapter 18: Until The End

"Arian..."

Who...?

I opened my eyes to see the clear blue sky. The sun in the distance, as a warm breeze blew past me. I sat up, and looked around the grassy plain in which I have found myself.

Where am I...?

Everywhere I look is nothing but grassy plain for miles and miles...

"Arian."
I looked behind me to see Reven.

"Reven...?"
Reven shook his head.

"Arian... didn't I say to live?"
I nodded my head.

"I'm sorry Reven... perhaps I wasn't as strong as you hoped."
Reven shook his head.

"Arian... its fine..."
I stood up and made my way towards Reven, however each step I took, he seemed to grow further from me.

He held out his hand.

"Arian... it's time to get out of your head."

What...?

I stopped as the plain suddenly dissolved, clouds blocking out the sunlight and the sky, making it dark again.

I looked back at Reven to see a new person in his place.

The man I had killed in the forest stood before me.

"Why, hello Arian... long time no see..."

I clenched my hands tightly.

"You... I..."

The man sighed.

"What? Feel bad for killing me? Trust me, you put me out of my misery."
I looked at him with determined eyes.

"Did I really? Back then I... I had a different look on the value of life. It was meaningless... and you died not because of mercy... but... because I..."
The man started to laugh.

"Well... does it matter? You've learned much... and I suppose... its time you forgive yourself for it. Wake up Arian..."

I looked at my hands.

"What does that mean?"

The man spoke up again, in a calm voice.

"Arian... this isn't real. It's all in your head. Now wake up. You still have some living to do."

I looked up to see an empty plain, and as I blinked my eyes, everything before me turned to darkness...

I flung forward, coughing out blood and water from my mouth as I sat up. Where am I...?

I held onto my stomach, to feel dry bandages wrapped around me.

I'm... alive...?

"Arian..."

I looked to my left to see Tari as she stared at me.

"Arian... you're alive...!"
Tears began to form behind her eyes as she hugged me tightly.

Tari...

I didn't resist and stayed motionless as she held onto me.

"Arian... even if originally I... I only met you out of a plan, I did end up falling in love with you. Believe me or not... but I can't take back the truth once it's said... and I'm sorry Arian... I'm so sorry... please forgive me... I... I love you Arian."

I shakily held my arms around her.

"Tari... I'm sorry..."

Tari shook her head.