Chapter 5-The Donnahue Family

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 5-The Donnahue Family

Jack Donnahue's POV

How the hell, was Emma Greywood so spot on about me?

How the hell did she know things or realise certain things about me that I didn't even know yet. After I did some reflecting, I realised I only wanted her to go out with me because she refused. And that she was gorgeous.

And her pointing that out made me feel like a major dick. No wonder she didn't want anything to do with me. My mother would be swimming laps in her grave right now if she knew what I had turned into.

I knew I had to apologise. But what if Emma thought that I only apologised so that she would go out with me? I couldn't have that. If I ever apologised, I would mean it.

One thing for sure, I was not going to hunt her down at the museum later on, not today definitely. My ego had taken too many hits and I wasn't sure if I could take anymore before losing my cool.

But strangely, while she shot those quick witted remarks at me, I wasn't pissed at her. But more at myself for not knowing what to say. The entire time at the grocery store, I had been wondering what to say to her as she knocked my ego down blow by blow.

To be very very honest with myself, I was impressed with Emma's response. Not only did she manage to make me a stumbling fool but her remarks were sharp and witty and yet classy. And I actually prided myself being the King of witty remarks but I guess I had to renounce that title and hand it over to Emma.

Never had I been turned down in that sort of manner before, until Emma. Sure, some women rejected me but they never made me want to chase after them even though they said no.

What was it about Emma Greywood?

Max had left after driving me home and I entered my house to see my nephews and niece running about. God, fuck no, I really did not want to deal with them now. The appearance of my nephews and niece meant that-

"Jack! Hurry up!" My sister hollered and I entered my living room to see all of my siblings waiting for me.

"Okay, this has got to stop! I mean seriously this is my house! How on earth did you even manage to enter without keys?" I demanded as I spotted all four of my siblings and with their respective partners (except for Gwennie and Emmett)

My oldest brother, Cameron shrugged while his wife, Daniella answered. "Your bodyguards let us in." While at the same time, my second oldest brother's wife, Isadora answered. "I picked the lock."

"Well, not that I'm not happy to see you. Why are you guys here?" I questioned and my sister, Gwennie glared at me condescendingly. "I have news to tell everybody." She announced and gestured for me to sit.

"Alright. But why my house?" I questioned a little annoyed.

"Because your house is bigger than mine. Well, until I get married. And that's what I have to say. I'm engaged. Zach proposed just the other day." Gwen announced brightly as she flaunted the diamond ring on her hand.

Immediately, all of us stood up and congratulated her. Jesus, even my younger sister was attached, I groaned inwardly. My two older brothers were married and now Gwennie was engaged. At least my youngest brother, Emmett was still single.

I crossed my arms. "Gwennie, why isn't Zach here with you? All of you have met him once while I have not." I pointed out with a frown. "And isn't it a little odd that you're announcing this on your own? How scandalous." I smirked.

Gwen snorted and crossed her arms. "I didn't tell him that I was going to tell all of you. You guys are insane and you're going to ruin it if he was here. And it's too bad for you that you were filming in Alaska back then."