Chapter 15-The Movie Marathon II

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 15-The Movie Marathon II

Emmaline Heywood's POV 

"Alright, I've got a good one! Here." Jack announced with a triumphant grin on his face as he handed me a DVD case. I eyed it skeptically before taking it from his hand.

My fingers brushing against his made a spark of awareness shoot through me and I barely suppressed a shiver from that very feeling. "Crazy, Stupid, Love?" I read out the title and frowned a little, "Well, it does sound crazy and stupid."

"Take that back!" Jack tossed one of my throw pillows in my face and I blinked before shooting him an unimpressed glare.

"Clearly not, after that. How old are you?" I scoffed and slid the disc into the player.

Jack shot me another charming grin and my heart rate sped up at that sight. God, I had it bad. Which was not a good thing. I had to get over this feeling of affection for him. Ugh. What was wrong of me? I was half-tempted to slam the back of my head against the wall to knock some sense into me but I forced myself not to.

"Like I said before, six-years-old. Hey! Ella and I can be besties!"

A grin tugged onto the corner of my mouth at that and I shook my head while Jack gave a lopsided grin. "Alright! Let's start! I can guarantee that you will love this one!"

I raised an eyebrow at that before reaching out for the remote to press the play button. The opening credits played and a bowl of popcorn almost hit my face due to Jack thrusting it into my direction and I took it grudgingly before settling back onto the sofa. Somehow, I noted that we were sitting impossibly close - closer than before but I made no effort to move away.

I could at least afford that little yearning to be near him even though I knew it was ridiculous.

Shifting about to get a comfortable spot, I eyed the stack of DVDs with the horror genre longingly. Those were my comfort zones. Not this sort of movies that had romance and god knows what. But I swear that if Jack thought it would be funny to bring that godawful movie Fifty Shades of Grey, he would definitely knew what a demon from hell behaved like.

That day when I had lunch with Jack and his family, he had confided in me about his annoyance with the three witches or demons from hell. Of course, that term was to refer to his sister and sisters-in-law.

Seeing how close they all were, even the relationships Jack had with Isadora and Daniella ache. It wasn't fair that I had gotten an awful family. I only knew that I had been observing the Donnahue family members that were present with longing and bitterness.

I would do anything to have family members that would annoy me with their little playful arguments and banters rather than have those that didn't give any shit about you. The only living relative who truly cared about me was in a coma and I had no idea if Theo would even wake.

Feeling melancholic, I pressed my lips together and quickly focused my attention back to the screen. Thinking of my family always made the mood sombre.

To be honest, I was barely paying attention to the movie, I thought it was a little ridiculous but fifteen minutes into the movie, I was paying more attention to Jack than to the film as he mouthed certain lines from the film. He was so engrossed in the movie platinum that I didn't realise that his left arm was wrapped around my shoulders and his hand was playing with a lock of my hair unconsciously.

This almost felt like a...date.

Not that I hoping this was a date or anything like that.