Chapter 8-The Phone Calls

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 8-The Phone Calls

Jack Donnahue's POV

"Okay! Get in your places!" The director yelled and I stepped into the character that I was playing, Winston Anderson while Rachel, the actress who was playing my love interest, Karen Wilson got into position.

The movie that we were filming was about a man who went off for college, left his girlfriend behind with a promise that he was coming back. However, he had gotten into a car accident and had amnesia. Five years later, he went back to his hometown and encounters his old girlfriend who thought that he had abandoned her. 

And now, his girlfriend is engaged but helps him to remember. Gradually, he falls back in love with her but leaves her be as she is going to get married. However, Karen played by Rachel broke off the engagement and goes after Winston.

However, Winston feels that he isn't enough for her and leaves. Two weeks later, he finds Karen at his doorstep and they end up together. 

Oh hell, the movie did sound pretty unrealistic and ridiculous. Emma's views were rubbing off onto me. Damn it to hell Emma! I cursed. 

"One, two, three, action!" The director yelled and immediately, I caressed Rachel's cheek. "I can't believe you're here." I say softly and she shut her eyes and leaned into my touch. 

"Winston I love you. I want to be with you." She declared and I frowned. "What about Jason?" 

Rachel sighed, "I broke things off him. It wasn't fair to him when I was in love with you. I love you Winston. Be it here or our hometown, I want to be with you." 

I knew it was the big kiss scene and I stepped closer to Rachel and murmur softly. "I love you too Karen." With that, I pressed my lips against hers. 

Even though I had done this countless of times before, it felt...weird. Rachel's hands gripped onto me and I held her waist as we kissed. 

"And cut! Thanks everybody! We're done for the day!" The director called out and I quickly pulled away from Rachel. The kiss left me feeling weirded out but I brushed it aside.

Running my fingers through my hair, I left the set but got stopped by the director who grinned at me. "Great job Jack. That was actually the last scene. The producers and I have agreed to skip the last scene. You're done."

He grinned and patted me on the back and without waiting for a response, he left and started barking out orders. I shrugged and went back to my trailer and Max started following behind me. 

As I walked back to my trailer, I gave small smiles to those who walked passed and greeted me. Once we were in private, Max raised an eyebrow and questioned. "What's with that face you have on?" 

I shrugged and grabbed another bottle of iced coffee, "What face?" 

"The weird one, I thought you'll be happy. After all, you'll have about a three months break before you have to start filming your new movie." Max started and I nodded. 

"I know..." I trailed off and my mind went back to the kiss with Rachel and I forced it away from my mind. Turning to Max, I questioned with a straight face. "Max, can I have a very honest opinion from you?" 

He shrugged, "Sure what?" 

"What do you think about romance movies?" 

Max raised his eyebrows in surprise, "Uhm, they're movies that I would not watch."