Chapter 22 - [Serena]

Hey!

Okay yeah, long time no update DX! But DW, I'M BACK, sort of xD haha! But I will try to update regularly this school year! 

I will MAKE TIME this year! haha!

I hope you enjoy this extremely surprising yet sudden plot twist! (I think? haha!)

Thank you everyone for reading! And thank you to all my new fans! <3

-Thannujah!

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn’t stop running, even though branches were hitting me, and sharp rocks were slicing into my paws.

      I had to know the truth.

      The second Kero had left for the Human World, I ran out of the house and ran in the direction that my heart told me to run.

      I knew it would take me to Serpethion. I knew this because it was one of my gifts, a gift I had never told anyone about. It was a gift which helped me know where the people I loved the most were.

      I was running for what seemed like hours, but soon, I could feel his scent getting stronger.

      And eventually, I could see him.

      I slowed down and changed back into my true self, suddenly feeling so much more vulnerable.

      We were on some sort of cliff, and he was looking out at the distance.

      I watched him for a moment, and then took a step forward.

      I saw his shoulders rise as he turned his head and looked at me. He had just noticed that I was here.

      “Serena?” He stared at me, shocked.

      “Tell me it isn’t true.” I said.

      He didn’t open his mouth.

      “Serpethion.” I said, beginning to raise my voice. “Tell me that everything Keroshan has told me is all a lie!”

      He snorted. “You know him better than that. You know it’s not a lie.”

      I placed my hand over my face and spoke only after I took a couple of deep breaths. “I know you better than that too.”

      He didn’t respond.

      “Why are you doing this?

      Serpethion looked at me. “That’s none of your concern—”

      “Oh shut up!” I yelled. “Are you crazy? Why the hell would you try to kill Keroshan? Your best friend?”

      My yelling shocked him, he looked at me.

      “Your best friend.” I repeated.

      “Even if I told you, you wouldn’t understand.”

      I was surprised by this response. “Is that what you think?” I asked. “Serpethion, do you really think that I don’t know about your feelings for Jasmine?”

      Serpethion looked even more shocked.

      “And do you really expect me to think of you as stupid enough to not know that she doesn’t give two shits about you?”