Chapter 34

That night, I woke up to rocks hitting my window. Frustrated, annoyed, upset and unbelievable tired, I walked over to my window, opened it, stuck my head out and growled. "What?"

      I hadn't expected Thara to be there. I actually expected it to be Cliathon.

      "Open the door, Aarvind!" She said.

      "What are you doing here?" I asked.

      But she ignored me and started to make her way to the front of my house.

      I rushed down the large staircase of my family's home and opened the door.

      And right when I did, Thara jumped into my arms, her arms wrapping tightly around my neck. "I love you." She said.

      I sighed and hugged her back. "I love you too." I said as I pulled her back and closed the door.

      She pulled away and looked at me. "Do you really?"

      I raised my eyebrow. "I just gave up my dream for you. Do you really think I don’t?"

      I meant it to be slightly funny, but she frowned.

      I smiled and placed my hand on her cheek. "It doesn't matter. I don't want to be trained by a master who is so embarrassing."

      She hesitated but smiled and looked at me. "Take off your shirt." She said.

      My eyebrows shot up. "What?"

      "Just take it off." She placed her hands on my shirt and began to lift it off.

      "What are you doing?" I asked as I stepped away.

      Thara rolled her eyes. "Take it off, Aarvind."

      "Why?"

      She stopped arguing with me and placed her hands on my collar.

      I narrowed my eyes at her.

      Suddenly, she pulled down, ripping my shirt into two pieces.

      "Thara!" I shouted.

      She threw the two pieces aside and stared at my chest.

      I felt my cheeks heat up slightly, and I shivered when her fingers touched my skin.

      She traced something over my heart and I suddenly felt a strange stinging.

      "You do love me." It came out as a whisper and she sounded relieved.

      I looked down at her and saw that she was still staring at my chest.

      I bent my neck further and looked at the spot she was looking at.

      My breathing stopped.

      Something looked burned onto my skin, it was a symbol, a crown.

      "What…"

      Thara looked at me. "There's something I didn't tell you." She said. "Because I was afraid that if I did… that would be part of your choice on whether you really love me or not."

      "What are you talking about Thara?" I asked, my voice was suddenly deeper and concerned.

      "You don't need to give up on your dream Aarvind." She smiled.

      "Why?"

      "You're the King of Warriors now."

      My eyebrows shot up and I swallowed hard.