Chapter 1

I scowled. “It’s true! I know it is! It has to be!” I scowled. I knew I was right. There was no way that I would be wrong, not after all the work I’ve done.

      Kero sighed. “No.”

      “What?!” I squealed.

      Kero frowned at me. “Stop being so loud!”

      “No! I will not believe it! I am right!” I said. I grabbed the papers from him and read through them.

      “Astatine is a Halogen, not a Nobel Gas.” Kero said as he put his hands behind his head and leaned against the headboard of my bed.

      I threw the papers on the bed, grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. I then looked at Kero. “I am going to fail.”

      He looked at me. “Shouldn’t you know this stuff already? Isn’t it a test to review the grade eleven stuff?”

      I felt my cheeks heat up. “Maybe…”

      He rolled his eyes and picked up the papers. “Look here, do you notice how all the Nobel Gasses end with ‘on’, all but Helium.”

      I nodded. “Oh yeah! I remember…”

      “Well keep that in your head.” He lightly bonked my head with his fist.

      I frowned. “I’m still gonna fail.” I said.

      “No you aren’t.”

      “Yes I am.”

      “No you—” He looked at me. “Study.”

      I sighed and took the papers from him. I then realized something. “You’re learning more than I am, aren’t you?”

      He smiled at me.

      I groaned. “Maybe I’m just dumb.”

      He grabbed my hand and pulled me into his arms. “Yes, you’re dumb.” He said.

      I frowned at him.

      “But that doesn’t mean you can’t pass this test with flying colours.” He smiled at me.

      I still frowned at him. “I’m not dumb.”

      “Hey, you’re the one who said it.” He grinned.

      I sighed and snuggled into him. “I don’t want to study.” I said. I hate school.

      Kero frowned. “I’m distracting you, aren’t I?” He asked.

      “No!” I lied. Of course, I didn’t mind this distraction.

      He got up. “I’m leaving.”    

      “What?” I frowned. “Don’t go!”

      “How about this… if you pass this test with over an eighty percent, I’ll take you out. If you don’t, then I’m going to go back to Raakshya for a week.”

      My mouth fell open. “You are so torturing me!” I knew he was serious. He was always serious about things like this.

      “Get to work.” He said before he kissed me.

      “Aathiray?” I heard my dad say as he opened the door.

      I saw a blur and Kero sitting at the opposite side of the room.