Chapter 10

Hey everyone!

Here's a VERY LONG chapter for you all XD!

Enjoy!

-Thannujah!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“No.” My father repeated.

“Please! Please! Please! Please!” I whined.

“No.”

“Why?!” I half screamed. “That’s not fair! It’s a long weekend!”

My dad scowled. “I think you have forgotten that you are grounded.” He then turned to Kero. “You should get on your way. She is not coming.”

“No!” I stomped my foot, crossed my arms and pouted like a big baby.

“Aathiray. I will not allow you to go there. Is that understood?” My dad asked, angrily.

My brother walked into the house right then. “What’s going on?”

I ran to my brother. “Aathu! Please convince Appa to let me go to Raakshya! Please! I really, really need to go.”

My brother looked at me and then sighed. “Appa, to be honest, I think it’s a good idea if she goes.”

My dad looked at him. “Why is that?”

“Well… exercise… I mean, if Aathy goes there, she’ll be doing a lot of exercise, running around and stuff.”

My dad raised his eyebrow.

“Common ‘pa, it’s just three days. And she’ll be fine, since Kero and Chirpy are going to take care of her.” My brother looked at the two and they both nodded. “Plus, that place is much better than here, right? I mean, Aathy’s young, she should go get some actually fresh air sometimes.”

My dad sighed. “Always supporting your sister, aren’t you?”

Aathavan smiled.

My dad shook his head. “Fine. But if you aren’t back by Monday noon, you will never be allowed to go again. Understood?” He asked.

I smiled. “Yes!” I then jumped up and kissed Aathavan’s cheek. “Thanks Aathu!” I said as I gave him a big hug.

“Wait.” My dad said.

I turned around and looked at him, heart sinking.

“Take the dog… Kero Jr. with you as well.” He said. “I’m tired of him doing his business inside the house.”

I grinned. “Yes! Of course!”

“No!” Kero argued. “We can’t bring him!”

I looked at Chirpy. “Tell him we can and we will.”

Chirpy looked at Kero, who glared angrily at Kero Jr., who was happily sitting on my moms lap as she brushed his fur.

I then ran upstairs to pack some clothes and other stuff. I pulled out a tiny suitcase from my closet. It was my favourite red coloured suitcase that was decorated with loads of stickers and buttons that said things like “Team Jacob and “Super Special Awesome,” I had buttons with cute pictures on them too. I started to throw in enough clothes to last three days and realized that it had already gotten full. “I think I need a bigger suitcase.” I said when Kero walked in.