Chapter 14 - [Aathiray]

Hey Everyone!

Once again, i apologize for taking forever to upload! But hey! I'm back in business! (LOL?) I will be uploading a lot now! Hopefully! And I will try and make them all loooonnnggg chapters!!!

Anyhoo, i hope you enjoy this new, long chapter of Betrayed!

=D

BYEBYE!

-Thannujah!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared, unable to believe a single word she said about Serpethion. Impossible. I couldn’t imagine Serpethion as I nice guy. Not to mention the fact that my aunty was so close with him. So close that Serena thought they were lovers at first. That’s just crazy!

But there was this part inside me that wanted to believe it. Maybe it was because I felt bad for him. He was beaten when he was a child and that must have had an effect on his personality. Or maybe it was because, even though that card was totally insulting, he still apologized.

No matter what though, Serpethion was a strange person.

“I don’t like the queen.” I said, truthfully. “And if Serpethion is such an ass hole because he’s with the queen, I think we should do something about it.”

Serena smiled. “Well, that makes two of us.” She then sighed. “But what could we possibly do?”

      I thought for a moment.

“Close your eyes.” Serena said as she bent in front of me to put on eyeliner.

I did as she said and continued to think. “I’m thinking the best possible way to fix this is by confronting him.”

“Don’t speak… you’re moving.” She said.

I sat quietly.

“There… done.”

I opened my eyes and looked at her.

“Get up.” She smiled. “And look at yourself in the mirror.

I hesitated, this whole time I had my back to the mirror because it was easier for her to do my makeup… now I was going to have to, finally, look at myself.

I held my breath and turned around. And then I gasped. “Oh…”

Serena grinned. “I did a good job, eh?”

I stared at myself. My hair was tied in a simple half ponytail and I didn’t have a lot of makeup on, but the small amounts that I did have on made me look so different.

“It’s a good thing your hair is naturally curly, or else this would have taken forever cause curling takes a long, long, time…” She paused and laughed. Obviously amused by my gawking. “Okay, okay, enough with the gawking. Get out. I need to get dressed.”

I looked at her. “Wait—”

“Oh yes, I almost forgot.” She turned around. “Sit back down for a sec.”

I sat down on the stool and looked at her through the mirror.

She pulled out a small bag and looked at me. “Almost forgot the jewellery!” She said as she carefully hooked the dangly silver earrings onto my ears. She then put a pretty silver necklace around my neck. “Like it?” She asked.