Chapter 1 ~He's hot~

Just like every morning of this past two weeks, I was awoken by the bright Kenyan sunlight gleaming through my window. I groaned and reached across for my bed side table, patting around for a few seconds before I actually managed to grasp my phone. I squinted at my screen barely making out the numbers of my home screen reading 5:30am, I'm really not usually a morning person. I soon gave up my fight and swung my legs over the edge of the bed, taking a couple of seconds to fully wake up. There's one clear benefit to my lack of sleep due to the sunlight and humid mornings, and that's being the first person to shower. There's limited hot water, and while a cold shower here could be considered refreshing by some- it's not by me. 

I stood up slowly, trying to avoid stepping on any creaking floorboards and waking everyone up as I tiptoed towards the showers. There's three showers between ten girls, which when put into perspective isn't actually that bad. I grabbed my things and chose the shower right at the end, where I was most out of sight. There's no curtain, or door, or anything- just three showers in a completely tiled room. I was aware there would be no luxuries on a conservation camping site, it would be stupid to expect that; but I would hardly consider the right of human privacy a luxury.

Most of the girls showered in their bikinis, apart from the rare few who were more 'comfortable' with themselves and therefore showered completely naked. I tried to have the quickest shower possible to make sure I didn't use up too much of the hot water and wrapped a towel around myself before stepping out onto the warm tiled floor. I looked around the room trying to remember where I left my fresh clothes, and unable to find them anywhere which must mean I have forgot to bring some with me. Great. I considered putting my pajamas back on to go into the dorm to quickly get an outfit and immediately decided against it remembering how much I was sweating during the night and how pointless that would make the shower I just took.

Everyone will probably still be asleep, and my towel was pretty big so I made sure it was secure around my body, holding the top for extra security as I left the bathroom and tiptoed back into the dorm room heading for my area. I grabbed a pair of denim shorts, a plain white tshirt and an old pair of converse and hurried back to the bathroom to quickly change.

"That's a pretty good look for you"

My head snapped up to the direction of the voice, noticing for the first time, the guy covering the doorway of the bathroom. I automatically glared at the person standing in front of me, Tobias Adams, my nemesis. Pretty much every girl here is obsessed with him and I have no idea why, yes, I guess he could be considered hot but his personality cancels any possibility of that being true out by a thousand. He's a player, and no one likes a player, unless you're one of the people being played. "what are you doing in the girls bathroom?" I empathised girls, hoping for both of our sake he somehow made a mistake and slept walked across the camp, maybe then he'll just leave. He ignored me, his eyes slowly glancing over the length of my body, making me aware of my lack of clothes. I held the towel closer to my body and shifted awkwardly of my feet clearing my throat as I did. "Anyone in there?" I tried again.

"Your water is hotter than ours" he stated simply, as if this was no big deal and totally not breaking camp regulations.

"Riiighht" I started, "well as you can see I kinda need to finish up in there, so you kinda need to go". He smirked at me, clearly somewhat amused by my response. I was serious, he needed to go. "Just like I needed to finish up in the toilet right, on the plane? You didn't seem to mind so much then." I rolled my eyes, what's the chances of row E seat 36 guy spending his summer in exactly the same place as I was? Apparently there are such thing as coincidences. He stepped to the side, and dramatically stretched out his arm as if presenting the bathroom to me. "All yours towel girl" he chuckled lightly, and then finally walked away. I watched him leave, to make sure he was actually leaving. Idiot.