Chapter 11~ Busted~

"So the weather looks pretty good today right?" Everyone reluctantly tore their gazes away from whatever, or actually, whoever they were looking at, to acknowledge me for the first time. 

"Sure"

"yeah"

"fantastic" 

I sighed sliding off my stool, and placed my now empty plate into the sink. Zara followed my lead, "what the hell is going on here?" I whispered leaning into her slightly, she just shrugged in response her eyes skimming over each of the guys. Noah suddenly cleared his throat slowly rising from his seat, and everyone turned their attention to him "um I should probably head home" he was looking directly at Zara and she blushed under his gaze, "I'll see you out". 

Kye's eyes hardened, his gaze following them out of the kitchen, "do you know that guy?" he asked still staring intently at the empty doorway. "They met at the party last night" I replied assuming he was talking to me. He nodded slowly, hearing the front door close, he immediately left the room calling out for Zara. 

Gray looked at me and we both started laughing, "I think they'll be gone a while" he chuckled. Tobias was still completely silent, his head resting in his hand as he poked his uneaten pancakes with his fork. Just as I was about to ask if everything was okay, I was interrupted by the sound of Zara shouting at Kye- something I was pretty used to by now. 

"Sorry Kye, I didn't realise I had another dad who is the same age as me" she huffed appearing in the room, her lips set in a straight line and her eyebrows furrowed. 

"Let's do something fun today" 

"Where is my best friend and what did you do with her?" I asked open mouthed, she rolled her eyes at me smiling slightly. 

"Oh c'mon Ava, I can be fun too" 

"Riigght" this time we all burst out laughing, partially because we were all surprised that Tobias remembered how to talk, but mostly because of Zara's face, which was priceless. 

"I've got a pretty good idea" Gray smirked

Oh no. 

"I'm not going in there" I said staring up at the tall gates in front of me, that were also locked, enclosing the cemetery. 

"Why did we let Gray decide is this even legal? Zara looked at the gate biting her lip nervously, Kye reached up to the top of the gate pulling himself up using his arms. He swung his legs over the top of the gate, letting himself fall over the other side, perfectly landing on his feet without even stumbling. 

"Lighten up little sis" his smile was teasing, Zara huffed, throwing her bag over the gate, which he caught easily. She gestured for Gray to help her up, her feet awkwardly slipping as she attempted to gain her balance. Once at the top, Kye reached up to help his sister down but she swatted his hands away and followed his lead by jumping from the top. 

"And for the record" she began, dusting herself off before turning to face her brother, "you're only two minutes older than me." 

Gray followed next, easily landing on the other side without breaking a sweat. I turned to face Tobias, suddenly a bit uneasy. "You think this is a good idea?" I asked, struggling to meet his gaze. He shrugged, "I think you should trust Gray on this one". He turned away from me, looking towards an area in the cemetery, his gaze was intense and he was clearly thinking about something but all I could see was cluster of tomb stones. He must have felt me looking at him, "then trust me" he continued, "we used to come here all the time when we were younger, he wants to show you more than the cemetery." I nodded, not going to push it any further, so when I felt Tobias's hands on my waist lifting me to the top of the gate, I let him.