Faith-Pray

Katherine P.O.V

We got back to the motel to see Sam waiting for us, sat at the table with his laptop. He glanced at us as we walked in. Dean throws his keys on the bed and starts to take his jacket off while I make my over to Sam."So, what'd you find out?"I asked but Sam didn't look up at me.

"I'm sorry."He answered quietly and I understood.

"Sorry about what?"Dean questioned, not understanding.

"Marshall Hall died at 4:17."Sam announced and I took in a deep breath.

"The exact same time I was healed."I clarified, stunned.

"Yeah. So, I put together a list of everyone Roy's healed, six people over the past year, and I cross-checked them with the local obits. Every time someone was healed, someone else died. And each time, the victim died of the same symptom LeGrange was healing at the time."Sam explained and I didn't say anything.

"Someone's healed of cancer, someone else dies of cancer?"Dean asked, sitting at the table across from Sam.

"Somehow. LeGrange...he's trading a life for another."Sam said looking down at his lap.

I sat down on the bed with a shaky breath."Wait, wait, wait. So, Marshall Hall died to save me?"I asked in disbelief and they both looked over at me with concern.

"Kat, the guy probably would've died anyway. And someone else would've been healed."He offered, looking upset.

"My job is to save lives, not take them away. You never should've brought me here."I growled through clenched teeth.

"Kat, we were just trying to save your life."Dean pleaded.

I stood up abruptly and started to pace in anger."But some guy is dead now because of me."I said with a raised voice.

"We didn't know."Sam exclaimed looking away from me. I stopped and looked at them both but they were avoiding my eye contact in shame. Guilt was crippling my chest. Marshall Hall was dead because of me. Why did I deserve to live more than him? "The thing I don't understand is how is Roy doing it? How's he trading a life for a life?"He inquired.

"Oh, he's not doing it."I huffed out, turning and beginning to rummage through Dean's bag."Something else is doing it for him."

"What do you mean?"Dean questioned.

"The old man I saw on stage."I started to explain and found John's journal."I didn't wanna believe it, but deep down I knew."

"You knew what? What are you talking about?"Sam asked. I flipped through the picture till I found the page on death.

"There's only one thing that can give and take life like that."I explained and threw the journal onto the table for them to see the page."We're dealing with a reaper."

~~~~~~~~

Sam and Dean were sat at the table, scouring the internet and books for any information they could find while I was sat on the bed, propped against the headboard and reading through the journal. I wasn't really concentrating though. I couldn't shake the guilt of Marshall's death. It didn't matter that I didn't kill him with my own hands, I might as well have. His blood is on my hands.

"You really think it's THE Grim Reaper? Like, angel of death, collect your soul, the whole deal?"Sam's voice broke through the silence and I looked up at him.

"No, no, no, not THE reaper, A reaper. There's reaper lore in pretty much every culture on earth, it goes by a hundred different names, it's possible that there's more than one of them."I explained and closed the journal, making my way over to them and taking the seat beside Dean. I started to shuffle through the pages they had laid on the table.