Hunted - Wazowski

A/N: Well...tough times. I hope you are all staying safe and inside (if you're on lockdown). I'm working from home at the moment, have been for almost a month now and suddenly this book popped in my head. Thought I'd take this time to start writing again. Take it easy on me though, I'm a little rusty so this may suck...For all of you whom are still here to read-thank you, and I hope this is good enough for now.

I wish you and your families the best right now, please stay safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine's P.O.V

The car ride towards the nearest motel was mostly silent. I think the both of us were still struggling to get the image of that searing yellow gaze out of our minds. We knew what it meant, neither of us really had to talk about it to get that, it was just awful to have it confirmed. That poor boy was just like Sam; the demon plagued his life too. But why?

I couldn't help but wish Dean was here. He'd crack a joke to lighten the mood, Sam and I would roll our eyes but be thankful for the normality, maybe even let a smile slip through. I missed him which was weird and pathetic as it had only been a couple days, but my mind was going crazy with worry knowing how terrified he's be when he woke up alone. I wished I had had time to leave a note or something, or get to a phone...maybe Ellen had managed to tell him where we were already. If she had, I couldn't wait to see his soft green eyes again, even if they would be filled with anger.

"Are you alright?" Sam spoke up, his hands tight on the steering wheel. I looked over at him, taking in his tired expression. The skin under his eyes were a dark purple and black, standing out even more on his ashy white face. He looked like he hadn't slept a wink in days.

"I think it should be me asking you that Sammy. When was the last time you slept?" I asked, a gentle tone to my voice.

A slight chuckle escaped his mouth, but held no humour, it sounded more exhausted if anything. "Would a couple days be the wrong answer?"

"Sam..."I sighed, concerned. This wasn't different for him, in fact I hardly remember the last time he slept perfectly for days in a row, but that didn't mean that it didn't bother me any less. It hurt knowing that something was always eating him inside so much that he was robbed of rest, for a chance at peace for a small moment.

"I know, I know. I just..."He breathed out a deep breath, turning into a car park that had a big neon sign on the corner reading 'Blue Rose Motel' and stopped the car in a parking spot in a far corner by itself. He turned off the ignition, but didn't move for a second, looking down at his lap, both hands still tight on the wheel. "It's just-my mind is-"

I smiled gently, reaching across the centre console to rest my hand on his tense arm. He looked up at me and my heart broke a little at the sadness behind his eyes. "I get it."

He nodded, licking his bottom lip and started to remove the keys from the car, snapping his belt off. "Yeah, I guess if anyone does, it's you."

We both slipped out the car, Sam grabbing his bag from the backseat before we both made our way to the dimly lit reception area. It was dead bar the elderly lady at the desk, a gossip magazine in her hands. As we entered, she looked up, popping a bit of pink gum in her mouth and sliding her small glasses up her pinched nose.

"Room for two?" She questioned, already reaching behind her for a set of keys.

"Uh yeah, two beds please." I smiled, holding my hand up to show two fingers. She regarded the pair of us with slight curiosity, probably wondering why we were not sharing a bed, before shrugging and grabbing another pair of keys. She tossed them at Sam before going back to her magazine and muttering the price per night. Sam nodded, put cash onto the desk and signed a name in the book-Steve Moore or something, and we both slid out of the door, giggling slightly. "She looked like someone; I can't quite put my finger on it."