tweleve||semi-formal

this will take place during semi-formal and i know josh wasn't in the episode but im going to put him in the episode.
----------
matthews; joshua

after hearing his moms wise words josh got up and took off, which leads to this moment.

josh sits in his car as he recites a speech that he's been practicing for maya.

it might be really cheesy and sweet, it might even make you want to throw up but josh likes it that way.

josh arrives at the matthews place at 5:07, considering the semi-formal is at 6:30 josh has plenty of time.

"hey family."

josh walks into the house with a smile on his face.

"guess what im doing today?"

"what are you doing uncle josh?" riley asks from her spot on the couch, her hair getting done by her mother.

"i am going to your semi-formal!" josh says with a big smile while pointing at his niece.

cory turned his head so fast that it might have snapped off.

"you're what! josh you do understand this is a middle school semi-formal and you're in highschool."

josh looked at his older brother with the sheepish smile he could make.

"but you see dear brother, i have to tell someone something tonight it will decide the rest of my future."

topanga raised her eyebrow, "do you even have a ticket?"

"nope."

"do you have a ride?"

"nope."

"do you have a date?"

"nah, but i have something planned."

"so you're going to ride your bike to a dance that you're not allowed to go to, and without a way in the school" riley asked her uncle with a weird expression.

"yep."
~~~~
turns out josh did have something planned. at the last minute josh asked farkle to take maya to the semi-formal as friends, because if he asked maya to her own semi-formal it would be weird.

as for josh at the current moment, well you know, he's casually climbing the side of john quincy adams middle school.

while josh was climbing the school, maya was sitting the passenger seat of mr.minkus' car fixing her hair in the rear view mirror.

"smile maya, someone could be falling in love with your smile."

just as maya looked up she saw josh, running across the top of the middle school and just maybe, a smile creeped onto her face.
~~~~

maya sat at one of the tables watching lucas and riley dance. maya was envious of their relationship, they were actually allowed to be together.

"hey wanna dance."

maya moved the hair out of her face and looked up, it was josh.