Sacrifice Part II: Chapter 3

*Tae's POV*

I stared at the ring that lay beautifully in my palm.
Studying it like as if it was going to let me know the answers to my life decisions.
Gently, i rubbed the diamond part and whispered to myself,
"Oh, genie in the diamond, tell me; do i marry her or nah?"

I was safely alone at home as (y/n) had a full day shift today.
My eyes caught on my iPhone that was placed on the coffee table in front of me. Grabbed it and hopelessly searched through my messages. Finding his name on the  second top right under (y/n)'s.
Clicked on it and viewed our last meaningful conversations together;

You: poop....
Jiminnie Pabo: poop you too 😉

(That was our secret word for i love you man 😂 )

I missed him. So much.

Throughout our times together before he left, we basically only had each other. I mean, we do have other friends in our lives but me and him clicked on so many levels, only the two of us could understand the weird bond we have. Unfortunate events that unsuspectedly brought us closer together.

I sighed. Figuring that it was pointless to text or call him now.
I really needed him at that time. I needed his opinion. I wanted to talk and ask him a lot.
Basically, i was almost useless without Jimin as he is the only friend that knew the situation we are all in.

Unknown Number: Bruh....

My heart did a mini jump as a surprise text came in.

You: Who's this?
Sent.

A few seconds later,
Unknown Number: It's me, Jungkook.

Jungkook? Jeon Jungkook?? The childhood best friend that i had lost contact with in years???

Unknown Number: you rmb me??
The second text snapped it out of me. I quickly replied.

You: Bruh how did you even get my number??
Jungkook: You dated one of my neighbour so i asked there lol.
You: omo, wtf 😂

Instead of replying, he instantly FaceTimed me. Almost reluctantly, i swiped on the answer icon.

"Jeon Jungkook....!!!" I cried, smiling from ear to ear as my eyes focused on the screen. Seeing my best friend for the first time in years.
God, he seems to grown up a lot. I use to call him Fetus because he was a little younger than me. Looking at his once oval face that now had sharped and refined jawlines framing it, i suddenly felt like i was the fetus!

"Aye Taehyung. What's up?? Did you forget me??" He said. His background in his surroundings seemed like a bedroom or a dorm. 
"Dude...it's been years man. Where have you been??" I asked, excited over the reconnection.

"Back in Korea. Still studying. I'm pretty much done for the semester and I'm on turn-up mode right now. Wooooooooo!!!" he flung his arms up and swung around in his chair.

"Haha turn up??"
"Party, bruh! Don't you know? You're being grandpa as fuck right now." He teased, bursting out into that usual obnoxious laugh that i miss so much.

Dafuq dis bish call me grandpa?

"Bro i ain't no grandpa — "
*Click*
I brought my words into halt as i heard the doorknob clicked.

I turned around i saw (y/n) coming in through the door with her stuff.
"Oh? You're home already? I thought you had a full shift today?"

*Your POV*

As usual, i lied about the shift.

It was a friend at work that taught me the tricks on how to catch a cheating man dead in his tracks.
And in my case, i lied about my shift. I just wanted to surprised Tae when he thinks i was gone for too long, just to creep up behind him when he least expected my presence.
But, thank Lord, so far he's been pretty good.
"No, babe. Tomorrow's the full shift. Not today." I smiled, proceeding towards the living room to give him a guilt peck for lying but stopped halfway there as i saw that Tae was in the middle of FaceTiming.