Sacrifice Part II: Chapter 19

*Jimin's POV*

All three of us went to see mother at the hospital the next morning.

I stare down at my sleeping mother as i sat at the edge. Tae standing at the bottom part of the bed while (y/n) took her seat opposite me, looking down at mother too.

"Eomma...." i heard her low soft voice uttered. Not breaking away her sight as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"I have no idea when was the last time i have seen her...." again, seeming to be talking to herself.
"Do you think...eomma will get angry at  when she sees me?" (Y/n) asked, glancing over at me, worried.

I shook my head,
"No, eomma loves you. Don't worry." Ending my words with an assuring smile. Then i looked over at Tae, placing both hands on the rails at the edge of the bed,  supporting his upper body as he, too, stare at mother.

"Why, Tae?" I asked.
"Nothing...it's just...i get to finally see Jimin's mother." Blinking so innocently, Taehyung answered. Smiling but with a touch of uncertainty.

I let out a faint laugh, resting my eyes on mother again. Observing her slow but steady breathing. Reliving the incident that had happened a few days ago as my eyes will occasionally glance over at the heart monitor every 7 minutes.

Just when i thought that i was falling back to my old roots while the demons tried their best to crawl right back up during my weakest point, seemingly pulling me down into the darkest pit...

....these people...

...Taehyung and (y/n), surprisingly came to my rescue. Without waiting a heartbeat just after hearing my unplanned distress over a phone call.
They never ceased to amaze me with their absolute unconditional love, care and support towards me.
Not even realizing it, i caught myself starring at them as the edge of my lips carved an unconscious grin.

"What ?" noticed, Tae asked.
"Nothing, " replied, shaking my head as i looked away.

Then, my heart skipped a beat as i thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me;
Eomma's eyelids began to move. Slightly struggling to open.

"Eomma...!" I uttered, bringing myself closer to her as (y/n) abruptly shot up from her seat. Looking petrified and nervous while Tae came closer to her side.

"Chi....Chimin...?"
"Yes, eomma. I'm here. I'm always here..." I said, gently placing my hand over hers.

Slowly, mother's head moved as she shifted her glance towards the two of them. Of course, noticing (y/n) first.

"(Y/n)....!" Despite her pain, mother's voice sounded joyful as soon as she lay eyes on her, saying (y/n)'s name.
"You remember me...." i heard (y/n) said, still frozen in the same spot with both hands quivering a little.

"Of course i do. Come here give eomma a hug~~" weakly, mother tried raising both arms but (y/n), in a heartbeat, wouldn't allow her do that as she brought herself closer to mother. Gently embracing my mother yet overwhelmed in the moment.

"Eomma...I'm sorry." (Y/n) apologized, shyly wiping away the tiny tears that had managed to escape from her eyes.
"Silly, girl. What have you done to me for you to say that?" Mother tapped on her back, caressing it as well.

As (y/n) was about to let go, mother suddenly asked

"Have you guys got married yet?"

Exchanging glances, i quickly answered for her,

"Eomma ~~~ please don't ask such question ~~" ending it with a shy laugh as i placed my hand behind my neck. Distracting myself from mother's abruptness.