Sacrifice Part II: The Music Room

The Final Chapter

*Tae's POV*

I had a dream.

A lucid one.

I was in a familiar atmosphere, inside the music room where i always come to play the piano and work on my music.

The room was humble in size, it had most of the musical instruments you can possibly imagine. Some where displayed out, some were kept in storage for quality management.

But the classical black piano, one of my favourite instrument, was always on full display.
Slapped in the middle of the room, surrounded by the rows of chairs and other musical instruments, as if watching the piano in the middle.

I was walking into that particular music room. That room, has became my personal favourite place to be in ever since i applied as a composer / lecturer here.
I find peace and solace here as it was located far from the hustle and bustle of the students in the department. Top floor of a 7-storey building, left wing facing the small town that overlooks the ocean.

In the dream, the room looked dimmer than normal. A little hazy or misty as well.
I walked in and headed straight for the piano with about a couple of music sheets in hand.

Slowly, i sat myself down before it, placing the music sheets where it's supposed to sit.

Then, after a little prepping of my fingers, i began....

The music that my fingers produced in the dream, it was....beautiful.

Nothing i have ever heard of.
The melody seemed enchanting yet...sad in a way.

The sounds of a beautiful melancholia filled up the room, filled up in my dream despite not having any memory of my eyes ever taking a glimpse at the music sheets that were right in front of me at the time.

It was as if i knew the melody by heart.
Not even needing the sheets in the first place.

And as i was drowned in the music, my ears began hearing soft footsteps slowly approaching me from behind.

In the dream, i remember turning my head sideways. Not even making an actual attempt to view who is was behind me as the person had already reached my side.
Placing a delicate touch on one of my shoulders, the one that i was facing.

From the looks of the small hand, it belong to a woman.

I face up, letting my gaze fall on her.

Her.

It was....

The love of my life.

"(Y/n)....."

She looked down at me, smiling. Gracefully taking a seat next to me on the two-person chair in front of the piano.