Sacrifice Part II: Chapter 11

2 Years Later....

*Jimin's POV*

"Eomma...stay strong. Just hold on okay?"

My mother fell sick. And it has been a few months now since the last time i saw her being able to cook, clean or even stand up properly, at least.

Ever since she took a hard fall from the stairs, she was bruised internally and out. Her hips and knee joints dislocated badly and she couldn't do her daily routines as usual ever since.

Eomma was stubborn. I told her not to clean the house so thoroughly. I told her she doesn't need to cook a feast anymore. But she insisted. She insisted that she would do her utmost best to become a great mother to me that she never was before.
She was determined to make up for the years of neglect that she had made me go through.

"Chimin...forgive Eomma and Appa for our mistakes, yeah? Forgive us for not taking good care of you when we should have." She said, her cold hands gripping weakly onto my mine.

"Eomma...why are you saying such things? I love you before, i love you now. I forgave you and appa no matter what. Despite all those, I love you and appa. I bear no grudge. You taught me well. Your son is not the type to hold a grudge, eomma ~~!"

She smiled, despite having needles punctured through her. Pumping, God knows what, into her veins. Becoming one with the IV and other medical machinery around her.

"Can you fetch eomma something to drink?" My mother asked.
I abide and slowly went out of the private ward, sort of reluctant to leave her.

As i was on my way to the vending machine, i took my iPhone out and speed dial her number.
I stood before the machine, placing in the money note in as i pressed the phone against one ear.

It ranged many times...but no answer.

Come on....(y/n), please pick up the phone....!

The vending machine began making my drink as i redialled her number again.
Getting a little frustrated as i press it again to my ear.

It rang....and that was all i heard....just empty ringing....not a single speck of voice was heard through the line.

Fuck.

Frustrated, i canceled the third call and jammed the iPhone into my pocket before collecting the drink.
Heading back into the ward with built-up anger in my chest.

"Eomma?" Gently, i called.
"Chimin~" i heard her voice responding, getting a little weaker by the hour.
I walked up to her, placing the cup on the small table next to her sickbed to help my mother up, gently.

I adjusted the bed to make her able to sit up sligtly. Took the cup from the table and brought it close to her.
After i had helped her with the drinking, mother claimed that she felt sleepy and wanted some rest.

"But you haven't taken your meal yet?" I said, caressing mother's hand.
"I'm not hungry, Chiminie dear~" she responded, smiling as she placed her cold hands against my cheek.
"Go home. Get some sleep too~!" Mother advised, reminding me that the sun has completely hidden itself outside the blinded window.

With pure hesitation, i abide. Slowly collecting my stuff as my eyes glued to her pained self before pushing the ward door opened, letting myself out.

My heart ache just to leave mother alone. For some reason, mother wouldn't let me stayed over night. She claimed that she didn't want to trouble me. To be honest, she never troubles me. I'm very much happy just to be able being by her side at times like this.