Sacrifice Part II: Chapter 8

*Your POV*

I couldn't sleep. I drifted into a quick nap but soon woke up again. Finding myself starring into my cellphone, peering at the time.

4.54 am....

....and the bed next to me was still empty. Lazily, i pulled the covers away. Stepping down onto the cold floor and began searching for any signs of Taehyung...or maybe Jungkook.

I opened my bedroom door, slowly. Peeping out and walked out in the hallway. Taehyung's door was left ajar. I went towards it and pushed it in, gently. Causing a creepy creek being heard.

The room was dark. As i switched on the lights, no one was there.
Then I turned around to head for the stairs.

"Taehyung......?" I cried out, looking down.
No one. No answer.
They haven't been back yet?

I tried to brush it aside. Thinking maybe they went out to hang out or something. Having a boy's night or whatever they were up to.

As soon as i entered my room, my cellphone that was placed on the bed, let out a muffled ringtone sound as the speakers were on the bed side down.

I walked quickly towards it as my eyes began to see a familiar picture that popped up during the call.

"Jimin?"

Hurrying towards the phone, i frantically picked it up and answered it.

"Jiminie...??" I answered, panting as my
heartbeat started picking up the pace.

"(Y/n)....! It's me...." he said, in his usual soft tone of voice.

"I know, silly. I just said your name." I said, letting out a small faint giggle as my eyes began clouding with moisture. I added,
"Jiminnie...how are you? I missed you...." trailing off as my voice broke at the end.

"I miss you too, (y/n). I'm doing great actually. There, there...don't cry. You're going to make me cry...." his voice did the same thing in the end, covering it up with a laugh.

As i sat in the middle of the bed, i felt that familiar warm fuzzy feeling crept around my body. As if something or someone was giving me a huge hug from within, even though my arms that night felt as cold as ice.

I wiped away the tears before continuing to talk to him,
"Jiminnie...tell me...what have you been up to? Where are you exactly? Where did you go? "
"I came here to see my parents. I only managed to see eomma - oh, (Y/n), great news; she's changed....! Eomma's changed her ways. Just like how you predicted it. Remember what you told me before i board the train?
Eomma stopped drinking and has been sober since....since they noticed i disappeared..." his voice vanished for a while before i heard a soft sob at the background over on his line. Then, Jimin continued

"It's... amazing for me to believe it...they actually noticed that i was gone...."

I stayed quiet, imagining that i was hugging him. Coaxing him. My chest felt tight from thought of being so far from him. This was the first time we were ever apart from each other this long. Pathetic, right?

"See...? I told you...they really do love you, Jimin. People change over the years. It's just a matter of whether they have changed for the better or otherwise. You're so lucky that you get to experience this. Seeing them in a new light. You deserve this, Jimin. You really do..."

I felt happy for him. He really did deserve this. He needed to feel the love from his own mother for a change. He's been through a lot and I was glad to finally hear such news coming from him since he left. At least just to give me a peace of mind of his well-being.

"Oh, how's Appa?" I asked, laying myself down sideways on the bed.

Silent. As if the line has been cut off.

"Jimin?" i tried.
"....yeah, still here...." heard his faint voice on the other line.
"Are you okay? I thought the line was -" he cut me off,
" - Appa's gone, (y/n)."

What? Gone?

"Gone? Wh...what do you mean?" Unsatisfied, i asked.
"He passed away from heart failure...two years ago. That's what eomma had told me." Jimin explained, seeming weak through his already soft voice.

Oh god...that was the last thing i needed to hear.
I sat up again, in utter shock as my mind went back to worrying over him. Over his weakened spirit.

"Jimin...I'm so sorry to hear that....." i said, trying to at least say something to him.
"(Y/n).....!" His voice broke a little, stopping in between his tears...

"Yes, Jimin?"
".....i need you....." he says, having a mental meltdown as he continues to sob his pain away.

"I'm here, Jimin."
"No....I need you here next to me...."

I kept quiet, couldn't respond to that as it was impossible.
We both stayed silent and didn't know what else to say to each other afterwards.
Tried to think of something. Anything to make Jimin feel a little better.

"Jimin...?" i start.
"Yeah?" Heard him breathed.

"What time is it in Korea?"
"....Almost 8 pm. Why, love?" He answered.

"Oh, still too early. Nevermind." I responded.
"Tell me, (y/n)...." slightly tortured, Jimin said.

"Well, i was going to sing you that song i always sing to you every time you have trouble sleeping..." i explained.
"I don't see what the problem is...why can't you sing it now?" He asked, sounding a little better than before.

[Please press play on the media before starting this part. Thank you!]

"Because it doesn't work if you're not sleeping." I said to him, joking.
I heard him laugh a little then some movement before responding,
"Alright, I'm on my back now. Laying on the bed. Sing for me, now." Jimin demanded, with a touch of amused in his tone.

"Okay....

🎶The long night is following you as it flows

Time follows you and fades

Why are you getting farther away? So far that I can't reach you?

Tell me why, you're so far away, why
Can't you see me in your eyes anymore?

Love is so painful
Goodbyes are even more painful
I can't go on if you're not here
Love me, love me
Come back to my arms

Love is so painful
Goodbyes are even more painful
I can't go on if you're not here
Love me, love me
Come back to my arms

Love is not over, over, over...

Love is so painful

Goodbyes are even more painful🎶....."

I finished, it wasn't perfect nor was my voice. Later, i realized there no response on the other line.

"Jimin? " i checked my phone to see if the line had been cut off, but realized that the call was still on and active.
But somehow i couldn't hear his voice anymore nor any other sound of movement.

*Jimin's POV*

I entertained her as i lay back on the bed, relaxing myself before saying to her
"Alright, I'm on my back now. Laying on the bed. Sing for me, now."

And then she sang...that same lullaby she would always use on me whenever i had trouble sleeping.
I remembered that time i lay in bed next to her. Having one of my bad migraines attacking me that night.
After a few medications and some tea, she would relaxed me by singing that same song. Over and over. And I never got tired of it.

I don't know where she came up with the song, but i liked it.
The melody, even without a single sound of music, will pierce right through my soul.
Her voice may not be pitch perfect, but it was just the way she sang it to me; looking over at me, starring into my eyes, having one hand caressing my hair, which will successfully make me even more sleepier...

....and just like that...my eyes became heavier as my mind drifted into a deep sleep with the iPhone still in my hand.