Sacrifice Part II: Chapter 5

*Tae's POV*

"Do we really have to do this? I mean, I'm not exactly sure if this is necessary. We are the only ones here out of like about 5 other people. " (y/n) pointed out, having to be the one holding a large poster size card saying 'Come to daddy JEON JUNGKOOK',  emphasizing on the name.

We waited by the area where a few other people were also waiting for their love ones to come by those hallway.
After (y/n) said something about the banner, i soon realized that we both were the only ones with a welcoming banner.
What can i do?? I was beyond happy to be knowing that my long lost childhood best friend was finally coming to see me.

"People are going to think that we're a couple of pedophiles, Tae...." she said, half joking and half being serious.

"Oh they're coming in...keep a close eye on him, okay ?" I advised.
"I'll try. Even though i have only seen his face once this morning you showed me. *slight murmuring* Practically shoved the iPhone into my face just so that i could get a clear look at him."

"Hmm...where is he....? — ohh wait, there he is!!" i cried out while i point, not being able to control the volume.

Back when we were both in kindergarden and although he was a year younger than me, we both became very good friends.
Grew up together and often come by and sleepover at each other's house.

Jungkook use to be shorter than me. The last time i saw him was after graduation, about several inches shorter and the fetusness in his facial features was strong.

Now, seeing him for the first time in years; puberty hit Jungkook like a Japanese bullet train;
His height plummeted, legs that can go on for years.
His face no longer oval, the jawlines he had now were as sharp as a samurai sword.
His style changed too, wearing a simple white t, a black and red checkered shirt tied around his waist, framing well with his black skinny slacks. Topping it off with a red beanie as his front hair falls on his forehead.

Ecstatic but slightly nervous , i ran towards him.
"Jeon Jungkook!!"
"Kim Taehyung!!"

Our hard bodies slammed into each other. The slight pain disappeared as we both drowned ourselves in the moment. Reconnecting with one another. He almost seem like a stranger to me at one point.

"I miss you, man!" I said, smiling from ear to ear as i lightly tap him on his cheek.
"I miss you too, Taehyung. Ah, it's been years. We got a LOT to catch up on. Where's your girl by the way?" He suddenly asked.

I turned around and found her standing awkwardly with the banner, still.
As we came closer to her, Jungkook reads

"Come to daddy, JEON JUNGKOOK. Haha, doesn't it supposed to say 'Come to mummy'?" He joked, teasing my already embarrassed and shy girl.
"I swear it was Tae's idea." (Y/n) responded, smiling awkwardly.

~~

"You like the chicken?" I asked for his approval on the braised chicken both me and (y/n) prepared. We did a little shopping earlier in the day so that we could whip up something nice for Jungkook.

"Amazing. Love it. Since when did you know how to cook? Last time i know, you couldn't even get Ramen right....!" He teased before almost chocking on his rice as he laugh, obnoxiously.

"Hey, hey come on now. Stop with the insults. You ain't a good cook either, Fetus~! Besides, i learned it from (y/n) since she moved in." I praised her, looking over at her red face. She sat in front of me, sitting next to Jungkook.

"Oh, nice. Where did you live before this, (y/n)?" He asked her, feeding himself another forkfull of chicken before rice.
"Uh...uptown. Just a few blocks away. So, what's your course?" She answered, changing the subject as she seemed a little uncomfortable.