29. best friend

it may have taken time but finally her scars had healed to the point where they were invisible.

she was a new person, with new aspirations.

she didn't want to be popular, have the best looks, be someone she's not.

she wanted to watch Netflix for hours and wear sweats all day with a spoon of nutella.

she was finally being herself and not trying to be someone else.

she was always trying to fit your description of a perfect girl when she realized that there was no such thing as perfect.

she could never be tall and blond, with curvy hips and a tiny waist.

she will always be a 5 foot girl with boring brown hair, and a potato like feature.

and she was okay with that.

she was okay to living to her own expectations.

because she wasn't trying to please anyone anymore.

she was going things for herself.

and he loved her for that.

he loved that she could be the laziest person in the world but would go help someone in a heartbeat.

he loved that she was comfortable being in pajamas near him without a second thought.

he loved every aspect about her, from the way that she laughs, to the way she bunches up the sleeves of her long-sleeved to act as mittens.

he was in love with her and nothing could change that.

and eventually she was in love with herself too.

she didn't care about what other people wanted from her.

from now on the only persons opinion that she cared about was her own.

and now she could finally think for herself.

and it was enlightening.