1• Peso

• May 26th, Friday •
2:49 P.M •

"Ooooooo!" I sang out of tune on purpose.

"Uh uh!" Rakim said as he closed his laptop.

"You love my singing." I tugged on one of his braids. He hates when people touch his hair without permission.

"Toni, we spoke about this." He swatted my hands away.

"I'm your best friend. How come I can't touch your hair without permission?" I pouted and crossed my arms.

"How would you feel if I popped outta the cut touchin' on your hair?"

"I wouldn't mind. I like when you touch my hair." I sat cross legged on his bed and he threw a ball at me and I caught it.

"You always fall asleep when I touch your hair." He sat down next to me.

"Nuh uh." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah huh, get up." He tapped my thighs motioning me to do what he said.

"Make me."

   He groaned and threw me over his shoulder. "I should throw you out of this fire escape."

"NO!!!" I tired to get out of his grip but he sat me down in a chair in the corner of his room.

"Look at my bed. Done fucked it up! My sheets were looking sexy until you decided to roll around my bed you nigga."

"Sexy sheets? Where they do that at?" I chucked and took a granola bar that was next to his laptop.

"They do that over here and I bit into that." He said.

"Don't care unless you're sick." I took a bite out of it and drank some of his soda.

"You nasty! Are you not aware of the germs that lurk everywhere." He scrunched his nose and fixed his bed.

"You are a germ."

He stopped what he was doing and raced over to me. "Keep playin' with me. Gon catch these hands mama."

"I love you, friend!!!" I flinched as his raised hand.

"What I thought." He smiled and went back to what he was doing.

There was a silence between us, I looked around his room and saw a bag of weed on his dresser and frowned.

"How long you gonna be sellin' that stuff?"

He knew exactly what I was talking about and sighed. "Till I make it with that rap thing. Sellin' is how I get by, how my family and I get by."

"You're gonna get hurt, killed, selling that stuff. Ain't safe, Rocky."

He finished with his bed. "Then what do you want me to do?!"

   He rarely raises his voice at me but when he does I know to leave him alone, say sorry, stay quiet or just let him talk.

"Get a job..." I said lowly.

He scoffed and put a snapback on his head. "I ain't gettin' no job. Shit will fuck up your pride and dignity, I ain't gonna work at a shity McDonald's and come home smelling like French fries and shit. Got me fucked up."

"So me working at Zumiez will fuck up my pride and dignity and who said you have to work at McDonald's?" I crossed my arms and tapped my foot. It's hard loving Rakim when he acts like this, it happens all the time but I never learned to accept it. I don't think I ever will.

"If you decide to apply and I'm just saying."

"Whatever. Ain't got time for this bullshit." I stood up and grabbed the bag of weed off his dresser and walked over to the window.

He grabbed my arm tightly and pulled me back. "NO!"

   I tried to get him off of me but he was behind be and threw me on his bed, he sat on me and took the bag back.
   I struggled trying to get up, his body was crushing me.

"Rocky...ok! Ok! Please...get off! I can't breathe!!" I gasped for air. "I'm sorry!!"

   He got up and put the bag back where it was. "Don't ever try some shit like that. I'm dead serious with yo ass. I love you Toni but don't fuck with me like that. I would not hesitate to hurt you."

   I clutched my chest and nodded my head while I panted and fell on the floor.
   His eyes widened and he rushed to the kitchen to get water. I gulped down the water and looked at him in disgust.

"Fuck you!" I managed to get out.

   He shook his head and sat on the floor next to me with his knees to his chest.