On The Brightside

Chris hadn't talk to me in days & this plan was only going down hill. Delilah and I were getting distant. Hayden and Taylor only talked to me when Chris wasn't around which was rarely. The tech guys were always too busy to care. Shcmitty was always with Chris. I was suddenly lonely.

The only good thing coming out of this was me Andy and the rest of the guys hanging out, and Ricky. The guys had a way of making anyone feel welcome and at home when I was at their bus & Ricky had a way of comforting me when I was in a bad mood.

Still, I couldn't help but feel alone all the time. I was starting not to believe in good things. The majority of the time I was on the NSN bus, and being ignored. Just like now.

I let out a sigh and stood up, grabbing my phone before stepping off the bus. "Hey!" Andy's voice startled me. "Oh hey." I smiled. "Where're you going?" He asked. "I was actually heading over to your place.." I trailed off. "Still shunning you?" He assumed. I nodded and he frowned, putting his arm around my shoulder and taking me to his bus.

We arrived in no time and the smell of popcorn hit us like a wave. "What're you guys doing?" I asked. "Movie night, you in?" CC asked. "Totally." Andy smiled. "Lets go, what movie?" Jake asked. "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." I spoke up. "Oh my god! Hell yea! I like her!" Jinxx hollered. "Alright then, make some more popcorn." Ashley said. I grinned as they crowded into the back lounge with me on CC's back.

We all collapsed on the bed and got comfortable before the movie started then silence fell.

Looking over at us, we were pretty much layers of tangled bodies. Andy and I at the bottom, my head on Andy's chest, Ashley's head on my stomach and his arm wrapped around my waist. Then CC with his legs between one of mine and one of Ashley's, his head on Andy's thighs. And then... Jake & Jinxx, Jake's head on CC's stomach and Jinxx's head on CC's legs.

Safe to say that there was no need for blankets to keep us warm.

After a good hour, everyone on the bed was asleep but me. I sighed, grabbed the remote and turned off the TV.

"Hey! I was watching that!" Andy's voice made me shriek and he screamed too.

"Why'd you scream?!" He whispered. "I thought you were asleep." I laughed. "God, scared the living shit out of me." He chuckled. "Sorry." I mumbled. "It's alright, go to sleep." He whispered. I nodded and my head fell back to his chest.

I could hear his heart beat and I could feel him breathing. I smiled to myself.

"Hey..." Andy whispered down to me. "Yea?" I asked. "Do me a favour?" He asked. "Anything." I said. He stayed silent for a few minutes and I sighed, closing my eyes. Probably fell asleep.

"Kiss me Amy." He finally said. My body tensed and I looked up at him. "Why?" I asked. "Amy don't argue. It took me a lot to say that knowing that you share a name with my mom." He said. I laughed and he lent down, his lips a few centimetres from mine. And then he did it. He kissed me, softly and gently.

I pulled away and smiled, laying my head down again. I felt him lie his hand on my head and play with my hair.

"I have a middle name ya know..." I said. "Oh yea? What is it?" He asked. "I have two." I explained. "What are they?" He asked. "Juliet." I snorted. "Oh come on..." He laughed. "And Hannah." I finished. "Hannah?" He asked. "Yep." I chuckled. "You're parents are quite the namers." He laughed.

"Were", I thought.

"So... Amy Juliet Hannah....?" He trailed off. "Cobain." I finished. "Cobain?" He repeated in shock. "Substitute last name. My mom was supposed to be a HUGE fan." I giggled. "Man, that's one hell of a name." He chuckled. "Yea..." I laughed.

We stayed like that for awhile. Talking about each others past, but I saved some secrets for later, and I'm sure he did to. It was a good night... And before I fell asleep, I found the brighter side I'd been looking for.