Ten

Nalla was carrying the car seat down to the room that was being set up for Rhage and Mary. She was excited that one of the babies were about to be released but also scared that the other two weren't ready. There was whispers about the girl not making it and that worried her. It would kill Rhage and Mary. Their babies after so long of believing that she couldn't have kids... She shook her head. She couldn't bring herself to think about that. Beth was up working on the nursery with Phoenix and Sage. They were excited to get it finished in time. Nalla volunteered to take the car seat because she wanted an excuse to see Hunter. They needed to talk. His change was coming and they needed to be prepared. He needed to know what to expect. She walked into the new room and set the car seat down. Hunter was there stocking some things they would need throughout the night.
" Ah thanks. Set it there on the bed." He said as he kept working.
"Anything I can do?" She asked him stepping closer.
" Yeah." He turned and stopped "I thought you were someone else. Can you go get Mary and Rhage for me please."
She nodded and stepped out of the room. They were already walking out of the nicu that was set up. She led them to their new room and followed them inside.
" Tonight is the night we test the oldest and strongest, Zeus. He must first pass the car seat test. Which is one hour in the car seat with all of his levels remaining stable and he doesn't show distress. Then once he passes that he will be allowed in here. This is where you will take the night to yourselves with no help from us, for the most part, while you do this on your own. If come morning I review the notes and see how well you've done and you pass, he will be released to your care and not allowed with his siblings until their release." Hunter explained.
"When will we do the car seat test?" Mary asked.
"In a few moments. We need to sterilize it so it can be in the room with all three babies." Hunter explained. "Jane will be there to oversee the test while I research ways to help Hera."
She watched him clean the car seat and he led them out and back with the babies. Jane was there holding Zeus and helped show them how to place him inside the car seat. Hunter left and she followed him. She watched him roll his neck and stretch a few times and knew the change was coming fast.
"Um... Hunter. There's something you should know." She began before he turned to her and pinned her to the wall.
His lips smashed against hers painfully but she didn't care. She let him kiss her. Wrapped her arms around him and held on as he let up just a little. She ran her fingers through his hair and kissed him back. She didn't want the kiss to end but when a moan escaped him that wasn't of pleasure she knew something was wrong. She pushed him back and he fell to the floor in a lump. She hit the emergency button and Jane and her father arrived first.
"What happened?" Demanded Jane.
" He... He just fell. It has to be his change." She told them.
" It can't be. There was no sign of his change. It's something else. Get him into bay one. Have Havers come. We are down a doctor." Jane demanded of her.
She raced for the phone while watching her father carry him into a room. She got shavers on the line and he was on his way. She hovered outside the door. Butch and Marissa arrived and stood next to her.
" He will be fine." Marissa said, "It could be lack of nutrition."
"What do you mean?" Butch asked her.
"Well you see his change... Well... Let me explain." Marissa said while beginning to pace. " He knew... He knows... His change already happened. Two years ago. He been a vampire this whole time."

*********
Cliffhanger!!!