Twenth-Six

"Why won't she wake up?"
"She's healing. You need to give her time."

"Is the baby alright?"
"I... I just can't tell."
What does that mean? Her baby might not be alright. It might not have survived. How Hunter take that? Her parents were excited. Everyone was. The baby needed to survive.

" Nalla, my love, please open your eyes. Please show me that beautiful smile of yours. I miss you. Please."

"She's stable and healing well. But i still can't tell about the baby. I am going to call Havers."
Havers? Jane couldn't find her baby still. She felt pregnant. She felt the heaviness in her stomach. Felt the small flutters. She couldn't believe that she could be wrong. Please, don't let my baby die.

" Nalla, it's mom. Honey come on wake up. Hunter is a mess, Jane is stressed, your father... Your father hasn't slept in days. Everyone is worried. Please come back to us."
She tried to open her eyes. Move a finger. Anything to let her mother know that she was still there. Her body just became exhausted and she couldnt stay with it.

A bright light was hurting her eyes. It was bright through her eyelids. There was a cool breeze flowing accross her face. The weight of a hand was warming her calf. One of her hands was held in a nice large warm one. She opened her eyes and blinked as her eyes adjusted to the bright light. She took a deep breath and turned her head. She smiled when she saw Hunter asleep beside her holding her hand. Her father was at her feet, asleep as well. She tested moving her fingers and Hunters fingers squeezed as he slowly lifted his head. When his eyes met hers, he grinned. He stood and kissed her before waking her father. When her father saw her he smiled and came to kiss her forehead.
"I'll collect Jane." Her father said before leaving the room.
" What happened? I remember being shot. What else?" She said weakly.
"Let's not worry about that right now. Jane will need to examine you. I will not leave your side." He told her as Jane walked in.
"Isn't this a good thing to see amongst the bad. I am glad your awake." She said as she grabbed a clipboard. "Are you feeling pain?" Nalla shook her head. "Any nausea?"
"Not really." She responded softly, "I felt flutters. When I heard you talking about the baby. I felt flutters. I feel them now."
"I'll do an ultrasound soon. For now I need to examine you." She said, "Headaches?" She shook her head. "Weak anywhere?" Another shake of her head, "Alright, I'll attempt an ultrasound again. But this time I will be doing a transvaginal one. Meaning inside. Would you like Hunter here for that?"
"He's not leaving." She stated harshly.
Jane nodded and prepared for the ultrasound. She left and Nalla looked at her husband. He smiled at her. Jane returned and prepped Nalla for the ultrasound. She took a deep breath and desperately watched the screen.
"There's the placenta." Jane pointed it out, "This is the head, and the body."
"Hunter, that's our baby." She said as a tear escaped her eyes.
"There's the heart. It's beating. That baby survived." She informed them.
Nalla let out a sob of relief. She squeezed Hunters hand as he leaned forward to hug Her. She felt amazing. He kissed her and hugged Jane.
"Thank you so much." Hunter said to Jane.
"Anything. I may not be able to have children, but I can live through you." She said with a smile.
Nalla was happy her baby was safe. She was alive, healed, and still pregnant. Her husband loved her and her life seemed complete. She would press him for information later. She wanted to enjoy knowing her baby lived.

********
That's it. The last chapter of Hidden Love. This book was awesome to write. I found my lost ambition and in turn finished this book! I will begin the next either today or tomorrow.

Look for Hidden Wishes. Vishous's lost child's story.

Thanks for sticking with me

XOXO