Nine

I finish my shift at the coffee shop and make my way back to my apartment. With the money I'm earning from the whole fake girlfriend thing, I can afford to quit my job. But I enjoy the small café and the smell of coffee beans every other morning. It separates me from the craziness of London. Thankfully, it's only a small walk to my apartment as the coffee shop is only around the corner, so it's no trouble.

I unlock my door and throw my keys on the side, checking my phone to see I have three messages. I have two messages from dick boy and one from my agent. I open my agents first because she is always the priority.

*Hey Lex, there's a meeting with Joe at 4pm, same place as yesterday.*

I groan and reply saying that I'll be there, I don't want to deal with Brad again, but I have to if I want to get paid and afford rent. I pick back up my keys and open my messages from dick boy.

*Heyyyy, working again today?*

*I'm supposed to be working but I'm going to talk to you all day because I can't stand the new girl:)*

I laugh and leave my apartment whilst replying to him.

*Charming! Is that the only reason you want to talk to me?;)*

Okay, the wink made that sound much more flirtatious than I meant it to. I want to delete my text but it's already sent. I do not want to be flirting with some random guy, I hope he doesn't notice. I make my way to the tube station as my phone buzzes.

*Are you flirting with me?:o*

I roll my eyes at the text but, before I can reply, another message comes through.

*No, that is not the only reason I am talking to you, I think we established that when I sent quite a revealing picture to you when I was drunk;)*

My stomach flips. Why am I enjoying this random creep flirting with me? Well I know he isn't a creep but I still don't know him.

*Pls don't remind me, dick boy.*

I get on the tube and sit down on one of the available seats, drumming along to the beat of my music before my phone buzzes again.

*I want a new nickname:(*

I smile.

*Too bad, I like dick boy:)*

My tube eventually pulls up to my stop, I get off and follow the routine of getting a taxi to the building.

*You like dick? Woah slow down;)*

I frown and read over my previous message, I roll my eyes at him.

*Sh, dick boy. Gotta go.*

The taxi pulls up at the tall building and I enter it. I go up to the room that we were in yesterday and knock gently on it three times. A voice tells me to come in so I do. As I open the door, I see Brad sat at the table with Joe at the head of it. Unsure where to sit, I take the nearest seat next to Joe, a few up from Brad.

"Hello Alexa, sorry for calling the meeting so late, but this is important." Joe says politely to me. He then turns to Brad.

"Brad." Joe sternly says across the room. "What the hell were you doing last night?"

Brad shrugs on the other end of a small table that me and him are sitting on. So this is about Brad's antics last night.

"There are photos of you with another girl that is obviously not Alexa." He shouts, making me jump a little.

"Are you actually expecting me to not get with any other girls?" Brad asks.

What a fuckboy.

"Yes!" Joe shouts. "That is exactly what I'm asking! It can't be that hard, James manages to do it."

"James is boring." Brad says monotonously. I frown at him.

"Just do it, Brad. Or the band won't be a band anymore and it will all be your fault." He says sternly. Brad seems to quiet down at this and nods. "Now, I've booked a restaurant for you two to go and have a date to make up for last night." He sighs, rubbing his head. "Please don't fuck it up."

Brad sighs and stands up, I follow him.

"Sorry about this Alexa." Joe apologises on Brad's behalf, making me smile politely.

"Don't worry about it." I respond.

He nods as we walk out of the room. I can't believe I've got to go on a date with him now.