Twelve

"Are you two dating?"

"What's your name sweetie?"

"Kiss for the camera!"

I cringe as the men and women shout in my ear as we try to push past them. The flashes are something I'm still not used to and I don't know if I will ever become used to them. Brad pulls me into the park where the paparazzi have no access to and I breathe a sigh of relief.

Joe ordered us to go to this park and act cutesy and in love to get some good pictures of us together. Of course, we couldn't object, so now we're walking in the park holding hands.

"I don't think I'm ever going to get used to that." I sigh, indicating to the mob of paparazzi.

"It took me a while. I really hate them." He complains and I agree with him for a change.

"Can't they politely let us through?" I joke.

"They could but what would the fun in that be?" He goes along with the joke, making me actually laugh.

For the first time, I don't hate him. The dislike has lessened but it's still there, he still annoys me. He swings our hands back and forth as we walk down the path framed with large blossom trees. This place is really pretty and I wish I brought my camera with me.

"I should have brought my camera." I accidentally say out loud.

"Aw you're a little photography freak." Brad teases me.

"Shut up." I frown.

"I'm sure one of the paparazzi wouldn't mind lending you one of theirs, in exchange for a kiss on camera of course." He teases.

I laugh at his joke. He actually is quite enjoyable, maybe the whole arrogance thing was just because he didn't know me? He struggles to get something out of his pocket with one hand. He manages it and brings out his phone. My eyes unintentionally drift over to the screen. I see the contact name 'Babe' and frown.

"You have a girlfriend? Why do you need a fake one then?" I ask, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"Oh...no. She's not my um...it's complicated." He stutters. It's strange to see him somewhat flustered.

"Oh, how is it complicated?" I ask, just trying to take an interest and keep the conversation going.

"It just is, now drop it." He snaps.

Oh. So much for the whole arrogance thing. I guess he really is that person, oh well. At least I'm not actually in a relationship with him.

We continue walking in silence, partaking in small talk now and again. I mostly take in the scenery whilst Brad stays on his phone. I notice a family of birds tweeting on the branch of a tree and a couple of squirrels chase each other up and around the trunk. I try to guess all of the colours in the blossom leaves but fail due to the assortment of colours.

Unfortunately, we have to leave the park because Brad gets bored, so we make our way back towards where the paparazzi are gathered. I hate this part.