Twenty

I stand still against the wall, completely shocked at what just happened. I take a breath and try to compose myself. This was probably a bad decision. I sit in a chair far from him, just incase and I take out my phone. I need some sort of distraction.

*hi*

Hopefully, dick boy will be able to comfort me or make me feel less tense. I place my phone on the coffee table in front of me as I wait for a reply. I lean back and close my eyes for a second whilst thinking over everything. This is insane. I'm supposed to be acting. This is so unprofessional. I sigh and stand up, I need to freshen up, wash my face or something.

"Bathroom?" I simply ask Brad who points to a door close to me.

I walk into the bathroom and lean against the sink, looking into the mirror. I splash some cold water on my face and dry it off with a towel. I should just pretend nothing has happened, then it won't be so awkward. Otherwise, I can't see any way of lasting my time here in Brad's hotel room. I take a few deep breaths before walking to the door and slowly stepping out of the bathroom.

I'm met by Brad standing there with my phone in his hand and an angry look on his face.

"What are you doing with my phone?" I reach forward and try to grab it off of him but he's too quick for me.

"What the fuck is this?" He angrily asks me.

"What?" I ask. "Give it back." What the hell is wrong with him?

"This!" He shows the screen to my face with my previous messages with dick boy. "What the fuck is this?"

"Uh...my messages with a friend..." I trail off, staring at him confused. What is wrong with him?

"Dick boy?" He exclaims. "Fuck. Holy fuck."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I raise my voice. Is he on drugs? Am I completely unaware of something?

"Are you kidding? I was right about you. A fucking catfish, you were just trying to talk to me to get media attention." He says with wide eyes.

"What? What are you even talking about?" I shake my head, trying to make sense of all this.

Brad doesn't answer me but takes his phone out and begins typing a message to someone. The next thing I know, my phone dings with a notification from dick boy. No. No way.

"How is that-how...how is that even possible? You're so different!" I exclaim, stepping back a little with shock.

How is this even happening? He can't be him...they're like two different people. How have I not noticed this before? My head is spinning as I take my phone from him and look between it and Brad. I can't believe this.

"I could say the same about you!" He responds and sits down on the chair. "Oh my god I've been bitching about you...to you." He puts his head in his hands.

"But you...you said you work at a bar." I stutter, trying to make sense of all this.

"I couldn't tell you I was a famous singer could I?" He mutters. "You said you worked at a coffee shop!"

"I do, I told you that." I calmly respond. "How else would I afford rent?"

I sit down. This is so unreal. Of all the people and its him. Our paths were unlikely to have ever crossed but somehow, they have crossed twice.

"This is fucked up." Brad says.

"I know." I agree and a silence falls. "At least now I can change your name from dick boy." I chuckle slightly.

"Oh god, you've seen my dick." He throws his head in his hands which makes me laugh a little.

"I saw your dick before I even met you." I chuckle to myself. I think I'm going mad.

"I can't believe this." He sighs and leans back, looking at me intensely.

"Neither can I." I agree softly and watch him.

I have no idea what to do now. My idea of him has completely changed. The character of dick boy and the character of Brad have joined to form one person and now he doesn't seem as bad to me anymore. I thought he was arrogant but that can't be the case with the way he was texting me, or maybe he was fake on the texts.

"Which one is the real you?" I ask him cautiously.

"What?"

"I mean...on texts you were so nice and charming and then as...you, you were so rude and careless. I just...I don't know which is real." I speak carefully.

He sighs and pauses, seemingly thinking over his answer.

"This industry changes you. I can't trust anyone anymore. Any girl that gets near me, I assume they just want me for fame or for money. I'm not arrogant or rude I was just weary. I had this preconceived idealisation of you being a gold digger but now I know that is very far from the truth." Brad says sincerely.

"Oh." I breathe, unsure on how to react.

We sit in silence for a while as we both figure stuff out. This is so unreal. I still don't understand how this could have happened. Out of anyone in the world, he accidentally messaged me and then out of anyone in the world, I get hired to be his fake girlfriend. As disgustingly cliche as it sounds, it seems a lot like fate.

"So what now?" I ask timidly.

"I have no idea." He responds.

I stand up and walk to the large window almost filling the entire wall. I look down to the ground to see the crowd of black figures bearing cameras sitting on the pavement waiting. I sigh and turn back to face Brad.

"I don't think they're going to move." I sigh, it's really getting late now and this situation is more than strange.

"You can...stay the night. If you want to. I can sleep on the sofa." He shrugs as he stands up.

"Are you sure? With everything I don't want to intrude-"

"It's fine, really." He insists.

"You don't have to...sleep on the sofa." I awkwardly mumble as he walks closer to me. I don't want him to be in pain and it is his hotel room after all.

"I don't?" He raises his eyebrow at me with a hint of a smirk.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes with a smile. "I don't want you to be in pain."

"Sure." He smirks.

Five chapters left guys!