Twenty Three

I open the door to the meeting room and sit in the chair next to Brad, along with James and Sylvia. Joe called a meeting this morning and I had to rush to get here due to the long commute it takes to get here. I wish there was more preparation in this job but I can deal with it.

"Hey." Brad whispers to me which makes me smile. I need to be professional though so I can't let him distract me.

"Right guys, now that you're all here, there's something we need to discuss. Sylvia and Alexa, as you both know, you were hired to destroy the rumours about Brad and James. As of now, most of the rumours have subsided and are now focussed on you two." Joe begins in a serious tone.

"The boys will be going on a world tour in about a week and a half and we cannot afford to travel you over there. Therefore, your services are no longer required and you will no longer have to pretend to be in a relationship with your assigned band member." Joe informs us and my stomach drops.

I feel Brad's hand grab mine under the table and give it a squeeze. This will not be good. I will hardly see Brad and with him being on tour, it will be nearly impossible to see him. This is the end. Just when I started to like him and could see us going somewhere, it gets ruined. I sigh quietly and try to compose myself. It's fine, it's not like we were too involved with each other anyway. I can deal with this, I'm not in love with him.

"Thank you for your time, girls. You will receive full payment at the end of this month." Joe stands up, indicating that we should leave.

I can't seem unprofessional and hug Brad so instead, I stand up and thank Joe before leaving the room with Sylvia.

"Thank God that's over eh? Mine was so whiny." Sylvia rolls her eyes as she speaks to me.

"Oh...yeah." I mumble.

She gives me a strange look before leaving me to walk on my own. I leave the building and get a tube back home. At least I won't have to travel so much all the time and I'll save money, not like I need to with the payment of this job. It really has helped me out and I'm glad that I took the job, I just wish I hadn't fallen for the person I was acting with. The tube seems to go slower this time and I quickly rush off of it as soon as it stops at my stop. I practically speed walk to my apartment and slide down the door when I shut it.

Why does this happen to me? As soon as I begin to like someone, something goes wrong. I can't have bad karma, I make sure that everything I do is kind. I pick myself up off of the ground and flop onto my bed. I'm exhausted, emotionally and physically. I can nap and deal with the wreck that is my life when I wake up. I let my eyes drift shut and I fall asleep in all of my clothes and make up.

I jump as I wake up to a loud banging on the door. What the hell? I reluctantly get out of bed and walk towards my door. I unlock it and open it, I go to greet the person but I'm instantly attacked by a familiar pair of soft lips. I kiss back and almost melt into the kiss as he holds my face with a hand on each cheek. All too soon, he pulls away and lets himself into my apartment.

"Brad...what are you...how did you find my apartment?" I stutter, trying to make sense of what is happening.

"I don't know if you know this now, but you're kind of famous, it isn't hard to get your address." He says as I close my front door and run my hand through my hair.

"Why are you here?" I ask him. "Shouldn't you be preparing for your tour or something?"

"I couldn't let you leave without saying goodbye." He mutters. "This isn't goodbye." He says with more determination.

"It is, Brad. You're going on tour, I'm not going to see you and we both know that that would never work out." I scratch my head.

"We could make it work." He says as he steps closer to me and brushes my hair behind my ear.

"You know that we couldn't." I look into his eyes and see that he knows I am right.

"This is so unfair." He sighs.

"I know, but at least it's ending before either of us get too emotionally invested." I try to see the positive side to the situation.

"I'm going to miss you." He mutters as he rests his forehead against mine.

"I'm going to miss you too, dick boy." I chuckle.

He laughs and connects our lips in a sad kiss filled with unspoken emotions and final goodbyes.

Two chapters left!! Thanks for the amazing response to this book, I'll be doing lots more little stories like this in the future for you guys:))