Eighteen

I follow Brad outside the meeting room, down the stairs and into the car. He tells the driver to go to some place I have never heard of and so he obeys orders.

"I hate this." He sighs.

"What?"

"This whole fake thing. I hate that I have to fake my life and now I have to kiss you." He sighs and leans his head back to the chair.

"I can't be that bad." I try to tease him, he smiles a little.

"No, it's not that." He looks at me sincerely before looking down to his hands. "It just sucks."

"I know." I agree softly.

The driver pulls up outside of a park which I have never seen before and we both get out after I thank the driver.

"Where is this place?" I ask him.

"There's always some kind of undercover paparazzi here begging for a picture. I used to come here when we first started out but quickly realised I couldn't come here anymore when there was pictures of me on the Internet every day." He tells me and grabs my hand in his.

I stay silent and walk with him through the park, I soon notice what he means as I see one or two people dressed casually, attempting to look inconspicuous but failing. They're so obviously paparazzi it's funny that they think they're undercover.

Brad leads me over to a bench and we both sit down on it. I feel nerves creep up in my stomach as I sit opposite him and look at him. I don't know why I'm getting nervous, this is just another 'actors kiss', it's not like it's real or anything. He takes my hands in his and scoots closer to me.

"I'm sorry I have to make you do this." He mumbles.

"It's my job." I respond quietly.

"That doesn't mean that it's okay." He responds and looks down.

We both notice one of the 'undercover' paparazzi obviously lurking from a distance and turn back to face each other. I take a deep breath.

"I guess now is as good a time as any." Brad says before slowly leaning in.

Butterflies flutter in my stomach as he cups my cheek and connects our lips. Some strange feeling goes through my body as our lips move together. My eyes close and my lips move by themselves as I get lost in the kiss. Our lips move softly together, it's warm and comfortable and it feels as though it was meant to be. I hear a click go off to my left and realise the photo has been taken. However, neither of us stop. Our lips continue to move in harmony with a slow pace until I pull away slowly and look down.

"I-I'm sorry." Brad mumbles but doesn't move, he's still incredibly close to my face and I don't know what to feel or what to do. I'm very confused.

"For what?" I ask him with a frown on my face.

"For not stopping." He answers softly and leans back against the bench, looking out onto the view.

"I didn't stop either." I respond, he looks to me for a second before looking back out to the view.

I copy his actions and watch the trees move in the wind in silence. All that I can think about is how that was definitely not an actors kiss.