Fourteen

I smile at the customer as I hand over their coffee and wish them a happy day. I inhale the scent of coffee beans and bask in the warmth of the place. There always seems to be some sort of warm glow to this place and it never fails to lift up my spirits. Sure, sometimes it gets busy and chaotic, but it's worth it.

I'm so thankful for the day off of acting because it was beginning to get the better of me. I don't want to get lost in all of that fame business and I can't figure out Brad. It's nice to have a break. Luckily, dick boy isn't too busy today either, so I have been texting him for most of the day. I smile as I reply to his previous message

*I'm working! Don't be so clingy:/*

I like teasing him. I feel strange that I don't know this person at all but I like that. I like that there's no pressure and no materialistic things swaying my decision to talk to him.

*I'm not clingy, I'm bored.*

*And you're fun*

I chuckle a little and lean against the counter as I reply.

*That is a well known fact*

I put my phone away as my boss approaches me, oh God. I hope I'm not going to get into trouble for being on my phone.

"Lexa!" She grins as she reaches me. "Good news, you can leave early today. Sophie can cover for you, we have more than enough hands on deck and you deserve it." She smiles softly at me.

"Oh, thank you!" I grin at her. This day gets even better.

"That's quite alright, make the most of your day off." She smiles and leaves to the kitchen.

I take off my apron and leave the coffee shop, walking the short walk to my apartment and instantly taking off all of my clothes apart from my underwear. This is the best thing about living alone, I can just relax in my cute underwear without anyone stopping me. I make myself some coffee and sit on my bed, finally picking up my phone to read my messages.

*I wanna see what you look like*

My stomach drops a little. I don't know if I want to show him, I don't know who this person is and I don't like that.

*Don't be a perv:/*

I bite my lip as I await a reply.

*I'm not! I'm just curious, you could be a catfish*

I roll my eyes at his message and reply.

*We both know I'm not*

I take a sip of my coffee and relax further into my bed as my phone buzzes.

*plssssss*

I giggle at the childish message and decide to compromise.

*hm...I can offer you a phone call? That's my final offer.*

I receive an instant reply.

*okay, I'll ring you now*

I lay back and wait for my phone to ring. I'll admit that I am feeling somewhat apprehensive about this. We could not get along or just be really awkward. I've been speaking to this person for almost a month and its strange to think they're actually going to talk to me now.

My phone rings and my heart jumps. I quickly accept the call and hold the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I timidly answer the phone. I cringe at my voice because I know how different it sounds over the phone.

"Hey." A deep voice answers the phone with some kind of accent I can't decipher due to the metallic echo from the phone.

"This is so weird." I chuckle.

"I know." He says quietly.

There's a small silence and for a second all of my fears come true. We aren't going to get along are we?

"So how about some phone sex?" He teases me.

"Oh my god, shut up." I laugh. "No way."

"Just checking." He laughs. I like his laugh. "How was your day?"

"Good. I got let off early from work so now I'm relaxing in my underwear. Perks of living alone."

"Underwear huh? I would love to see that." He teases.

"You don't even know what I look like, how do you know you would love to see it?" I roll my eyes.

"I can tell you're hot by your voice."

"Oh really?" I laugh at the stupid statement.

"Yeah." He says casually as if it's obvious.

"So how's work for you?" I ask him.

"Annoying. The new girl frustrates me."

"How so?" I question him.

"I don't know, she's weird. Sometimes she's nice and then other times she's...frustrating. She's annoyingly attractive and argumentative." He rants slightly.

"She sounds complicated." I laugh.

"She is." He sighs and a small silence passes. "I really want to meet you." He sighs.

"I know." I sigh. "I'm scared."

"Why?"

"I like not knowing who you are."