Chapter 14

“I just… w-well he’s just dangerous okay.” She said quickly.

“Why do you think that though?”

“Trust me I’m not the only one, a lot of people owe him money and what he does on the side is just something you shouldn’t get into.”

“What do you mean on the side? “

“Like his job,” she looked around hastily, “Look maybe I shouldn’t be telling you this, you should have him tell you okay?”

I sighed, “Okay? I’ll talk to him tonight.”

“Just be careful okay Madie?”

“Don’t worry Zayn would never hurt me.”

“Right…” she said quietly, making it so I didn’t hear, but I did.

I waved an awkward goodbye to Sara as she went along to her other class. I walked further down the hallway to my second class of the day, Calculus.

My day went on and I was sitting in my third class of the day, AP World History, when the teacher got a call.

“Okay, yes

I’ll send her down.”

Mrs. Jones the History teacher turned to me and spoke. “Madeline, it seems you are being dismissed, you can go pick up your dismissal slip at the main office.”

I looked at her as if she was crazy, I wasn’t being dismissed and defiantly not on the first day. I got up collected my things and walked to the main office.

“Ahh Madeline, it’s nice to meet you, I am principle Brown.” A nice older gentleman stated to me as I walked into the office.

I smiled and introduced myself.

“Okay now if you could just sign here that you are being dismissed you are free to go. Just if you could next time come to the office earlier and tell us you are being dismissed so we can give you a pass, so we don’t have to call up to your class room next time.”

“But… well I didn’t know, that I was… being dismissed.”

“Oh well that young man outside came in and said you had a doctor’s appointment.”

I looked outside and saw Zayn’s black BWM sitting outside.

“Oh yes that’s right! I almost forgot I had that appointment, thank you Mr. Brown, you have a nice day.” I said with full anger, and confusion.