Chapter 16

Okay. Everything about today could change my future. I stopped in the lobby and asked Kate (our first floor receptionist) to see mr.collins as soon as he came in. She nodded her head.
"I added you to the list" I glanced at the sheet in her lap. There were 13 other names on it. Hopefully he gets to it today. Ug. I walked up to my office and glanced at Ryan's as I walked into mine. He sat at his desk, his eyes locked with mine. I sat down and smiled at him. He smiled back. He got out of his chair and straightened his suit. He came in the doorway.
"Knock knock."
"Come in" I said. I stood up and he looked at me up and down.
"Nice." I blushed and sat down. He slithered in front of my desk.
"So...heard anything?"
"No, I'm going to talk to him today. I'm on his list."
"Oh good. I'm just glad we are trying this thing out. I'm excited to spend tomorrow with you...how about I drive you home? You can change...if you want, and then we leave?"
"Sounds good to me. You want me to change clothes?" I asked pursing my lips and being cute, well, trying anyway.
"Yes. And maybe not put anything else on." The way the words slipped from his mouth my my stomach jump over the moon.
"Ryan."
"Im sorry. I was only kidding..." He looked at me, indicating he wasn't joking. Wow.
**
At around noon, I got a call on my office phone. It was mr.collins. I answered fast and politely.
"Yes mr.Collins?"
"You wanted to see me?"
"I did."
"Well, nows the time."
"I'll be there soon sir." I saved the document I was working on and set up. I looked at Ryan over in his office, and our eyes locked until I he was out of sight. I knocked and Mr. Collins door and he opened it quickly. He gestured me in, and I sat down in front of his desk.
"What do ya need Amber?"
"It's not exactly about work...it's kind of.." Before I could finish, there was a knock on the door.