Midnight Walk

The room I made my stay in was completely black at night. I could not sleep, tossing and turning frantically. Sleeping only for minutes at a time but waking in sweat and tears because of the same reoccurring nightmare stuck on repeat inside my mind. I could not lie down anymore, the tossing made my wound ache and my arm. I could not continuously put myself through the dreadful nightmare.

I pulled the heavy covers off of me and stepped out of the king sized bed. Now I could see that light was peeping from under the door, I turned the golden knob and stepped out into the hallway. I was barefoot and in only my night gown. The hallway was cold, lamps that hung in intervals were in the walls but the hallway still looked endlessly dark. I went left from my door. I could not tell you how many turns, stair ways, and hallways I went down and took. I found myself in the servant quarters. There was mold in the crevice where the wall and floor met. The wood on the doors were worn.

After what seemed like hours walking, finally ready to get back to my room ( but not sure how to get back) I came to a door. It was ajar and light was pouring from the crack. I heard soft running water and knew that someone had to be in there. Maybe someone who direct me to my room. I went to the door and felt a block. Almost like someone notifying me not to go into the room. So I did not I peeked.

Sebastian was drying his long thin hands off with a cloth, wearing his vest not his complete tail coat then he threw the cloth over his shoulder and stood for a long moment in silence facing the opposite direction. I could not see his expression. After a moment he leaned over and put his hands on the counter. His shoulders were hunched and he seemed hollow. I felt uncomfortable.

I should not be here.

I wanted to move but I could not. Sebastian reached into his pocket and pulled something out. It was circular and black. As he held it up I realized it was a ring with a large red gem. It was breathtaking yet it was way to small for him.

Who's is that?

Sebastian clenched his fist around the ring. And regained his posture. He placed the ring back in his pocket and turned his head to the side.

"Ms. Anna, nice of you to join me."

"Ms. Anna," Sebastian repeated after I did not reply. I was frozen in place.

Should I go in? This demon tried to stab me only hours earlier.

I stood even longer in thought. Ciel would be angry if Sebastian were to hurt me in any kind of way, so why did I feel like I should not enter the room?

Mistress do not go in.

Jonathan's voice rang through my mind it was almost music to my ears but it also made my chest ache.

"Ms.  Anna please do not take me under idiocy I knew that you were there the whole time," suddenly I felt a presence behind me, I turned and Sebastian stood, I was only up to his chest. His forceful hand came up under my chin and pushed my face up so I stared into his dangerous eyes.

"Sebastian those words have never touched my lips do not accuse me of such things," I replied sharply. After a moment Sebastian smirked and took his hand from my chin.

"Let's get you back to your room, shall we" he asked and gestured for me to go first. I did so. We walked for what seemed like hours but could have only been minutes. It was killing me, the silence,  the questions that I had about the ring that he had been holding, I am not sure why it bothered me so much it shouldn't have bothered me so much yet it did.

"Sebastian, who's ring were you holding?"

Sebastian took a very long pause. He did not answer me until we left the servant quarters.

"Her name was Clarissa Phantomhive. I cared for her greatly."

The memory of the blonde girl went through my mind sharply. Almost like I had been struck by a lighting bolt. I remembered her vividly. I had only met Clarissa Phantomhive once or twice in my entire lifetime. We had come in contact sometimes during my missions. She was a reaper. Yet she also owned a demon butler. I remember a lot of confusion, she was angelic in herself yet she owned demon butler, his name was Beau, if I recall correctly.

"I believe that I know her Sebastian yet I have not heard from her in a very long time."

I didn't hear footsteps behind me anymore. Sebastian had stopped walking at that point. I turned around and he stood with a blank expression.

"Sebastian the way that you were acting when we speak of her, it is too strange to ignore, did something happen between you and her," I asked.

"Let's not talk about Clarissa, oh look your bandage has come undone," I looked down and blood was beginning to seep through the fabric of my nightgown. Sebastian  had again regained his posture and was wearing his normal expression. "Let's get you patched up," he smirked and led me back to my room. We got back to my room and I sat on my bed as Sebastian gathered all the equipment he needed to patch up my wound. When he lifted my dress, it did not feel right. I remembered Jonathan and the way he did it felt wrong.

"If you do not mind me asking or if it is to bold, where is Jonathan." My chest moved in awkward  ways when Sebastian mentioned Jonathan. I took a deep breath.

"I do not know but what ever it is that he went to do must be important." I replied as Sebastian finished tending to my word.

•••••

Hello Angels,

I am so sorry that it took so long for me to update but I have been grounded as you may or may not know.