Chapter 1

(Marinette)

~*~

I walked back to my parents bakery feeling tired from another day at school. I was in my first year of college and looking for a job in the fashion industry.

I open the door to my house and immediately shuffle up into my room. "How was your day at school Marinette?"

"Fine, fine," I reply, droopy eyed and unfocused. When I got into my room I fell face down on my bed, my kwami Tikki flying out of my jacket and looking down at me.

"Marinette, what's wrong?" She asked me, worry filling her big blue gems.

I groan, my voice sounding muffled due to my face being covered by my pillow.

I raise my head slowly, "I'm just so stressed Tikki, everywhere I go I see pictures of Chloé and Adrien, I have Paris to save, and I have school to worry about, AND my job here at the bakery!"

Tikki flew down to hug Marinette's cheek, "It's okay Mari, we got through some of this before we can do it again."

I smile and place my finger on Tikki's little cheek, "Thanks Tikki." "Now come on Marinette, let's go eat and then start to help out at the bakery." Tikki replied encouragingly.

~*~

When I finished washing my plate, I skipped down the stairs and watched as my mom gave a customer a box full of croissants. "Have a nice day!" My mom waved to the customer as they walked out the door.

I walked up to her and kissed her cheek, "I'll take it from here mom."

She smiled at me before heading up to her room. It took about five minutes for the next customers to walk in.

They were a young couple, the girl clinging to the boy's arm. Cute. I thought as I closed my eyes and smiled, wishing that I could have that relationship with Adrien.

I open my eyes, "What can I get for-" I jump out of my skin once I realize that the couple was none other than Adrien and Chloé.

(Adrien)

Chloé and I finally reached the bakery and I told her to open her eyes. "Why did you bring me here Adrikins?" Chloé hissed, just loud enough for me to hear.

Chloé and I have been "dating" for exactly a year now and despite her being nice to other people she was still snobby and ignorant towards Marinette. I don't know why though.

I ignored her question and we walked into the bakery, Chloé clinging to my arm.

Marinette smiled as we walked in, and I smiled back at her. "What can I get for-!" Marinette jumped as she opened her blue eyes.

"A - Adrien!" She stuttered, "W-what are you two doing here?"

Chloé yawned, "I honestly don't know, Adrien let's get out of here!" I looked at the croissants and cookies on the shelves, "Can we take a box of croissants and a box of chocolate chip cookies please."

Marinette nodded violently, her cheeks a shade of pink. She grabbed them for us and as she was walking back she tripped on a loose board and the food went flying across the room.

Chloé screamed, "Oh my god Marinette! You ruin everything!" Marinette gazed at the floor, her eyes narrowing.

I helped Marinette up and them helped pick up the loose croissants and cookies. "I'm sorry about all this." I say.

Marinette looks up at me, "It's okay, I mean! You're okay I mean!" She groans and slaps her forehead.

"Here I'll go and get you two fresh croissants and cookies, I'll be right back." She goes to get more and Chloe turns to me, "Adrikins! What were you doing? She ruined our food and then you helped her?"

"Chloé she didn't ruin our food, she just tripped!" I defend the bluenette. Chloé crosses her arms, "It's her fault for tripping!"

Marinette comes back with two boxes and hands them to me. "There you go, a box of chocolate chip cookies, and a box of croissants."

"Thank you!" I hand her the money and an extra five euros, "Have a nice day." Marinette halts me as she counts the money, "I count fourteen euros, the total is only supposed to be nine euros." (A/N: I don't know how money works in France I'm sorry :( -also I put dollars before so until I go back and edit the rest of the story forgive me if I'm wrong on other aspects of "french life" and stuff!)

I smile, "A tip." Marinette shakes her head and hands the five euros back to me, "No I don't deserve a tip, not after what I did . . ."

Chloé perked up, "See!" She pointed at Marinette, "The little brat admits that she tripped on purpose!"

Marinette glared at Chloé, "That's not true!" I put my hand on Chloé's shoulder, "Chlo, I think it's time to leave." Chloé was already heading out the door.

I mouthed the words I'm sorry to Marinette as I left and then I walked out of the bakery heading toward my girlfriend.

_________________________________

Sorry if the first chapter was cheesy and slow and for any mistakes but the next chapter will be more interesting!