Chapter 20

(Adrien)

"Adrien?" I hear my dad's voice from behind me, and immediantly felt chills on my back. I clear my throat and turn around to face him, "Father," I acknowledge him with a nod.

"Adrien, what are you doing out here?" My father says in a whisper, I narrow my eyes, "I could ask you the same thing." "Adrien keep your voice down!" My dad whisper/hisses. Lilleth and Chloé walk toward us to see what was going on, and Lilleth gasped, looker paler than ever.

"Gabriel?" My dad seemed to get paler as well and looked a bit uncomfortable, "Lilleth." "HOW COME EVERYONE I KNOW HAS PASTS TOGETHER?" I ask loudly, causing crows to fly away from us. My dad cleared his throat and seemed to get back to his normal facial expression.

"Adrien, Lilleth was your mother's best friend in school, and now can you please keep it down?" My dad says, getting a little bit angry at the end of the sentence. "You were?" I turn to Lilleth, "Why haven't you told me?" "She has a habit of not telling people things." Chloé mumbled, so low that only I could hear.

Lilleth didn't answer, but glared at Gabriel, "What are you doing here?" She growled, her voice cracking, "I told you that if you ever harmed her I would break your face!" Lilleth spat, drawing nearer to my dad, her eyes flashing white.

My dad kept a straight face,"I haven't harmed her Lilleth." Lilleth glared at him as if he were gum at the bottom of her shoe. My phone buzzed in my pocket and the contact showed Marinette, I picked it up, "Yeah?"

"Found anything yet?" She asked me. I smiled at the sound of Marinette's voice. "Adrien?" I realized I hadn't answered as she spoke up again, my face heats up, "Err . . yeah." I answer, biting my lip, "We found Chloé, and . . ." I glance at my dad and then at the ground, "My dad."

I heard Marinette gasp at the other end of the line and her voice seemed to turn into a whisper, "Are you okay?" I laugh at her worried voice, "Yeah, but I think it's best if we all search for Hawkmoth together." Marinette sighed in relief, "Okay, we can meet up at the restraunt."

I end the call and turn towards the others, "Follow me." I head to the restraunt, Chloé, Lilleth, and my father behind me.

~*~

We arrive at the restraunt and I already see Marinette, Elliot, and Molly. What's Molly doing here? Marinette ran up to me and smiled, "Adrien . . ." My heart leapt, she was inches away, was she going to kiss me? She leapt into my arms, and laughed, wait . . . she wasn't laughing. . . she was crying, and I realized that her smile was forced.

"Marinette! What's wrong?" She backed away and wiped away the tears that were streaming down her face, "Hawkmoth . . . we didn't . . . we didn't find him but . . . Oh Adrien!" She flung her arms around my neck again.

"Marinette just spit it out!" I say, rubbing her back affectionately. Elliot sighs and steps forward, "I'll tell him Marinette." Elliot's hand was on Molly's back and Molly's face was hidden by her scarf and her messy ginger/brown hair, so it was hard to tell if she was crying or not.

Marinette shook her head, but then went back to crying, her face was hidden into my shoulder. Elliot stepped closer, leaving Molly behind, "Adrien, Hawkmoth didn't come to us personally, but he sent out a message that we heard." "What?" I asked bewildered. I saw my dad tense behind me.