Chapter 16

(Adrien)

I run into a corner to transform, "Plagg! Claws out!" But nothing happens. I look into my white jacket, but the the cat kwami was no where to be seen.

"Plagg?" I run out into the open, almost bumping into Marinette, "Have you seen my kwami Plagg?" I ask Marinette. She shakes her head, "No have you seen my kwami Tikki?" She asked, fear pricking her blue eyes.

I shake my head and look at the woman in white, "What do we do?" I ask her. She sighs, "For once we're going to have to be normal citizens, but who's going to save Paris?"

As the woman in white walks into the building, I see black and red dots stuffed into her purse. I look at Marinette, but it looked like she didn't see the dots. "I'm going to get closer." I tell her. Marinette nods, encouraging me. I step closer, but see Marinette follow me, "What are you doing?" I ask. She narrows her eyes, "You didn't think I'd just leave you without helping would you?" She asked.

I sighed, "Fine, just don't het hurt-" I was cut off by a loud screech. The woman in white was pinned down by a black shadow. "Eagle." Marinette whispered, her eyes widening.

The figure took a shape and revealed a boy with brown hair and black eyes, "EVERYONE GET OUT! RUN!" He yelled. The citizens scurried out like little mice being chased by cats. I growled in anger and rushed into view. "Adrien!" Marinette whisper/hissed.

The woman in white and the boy named Eagle gazes locked on me, I stared down at the lady, "I know you have Tikki and Plagg!" I shout. The lady smirks and pushes Eagle off of her, "You mean these?" She lifted up a glass box with Tikki and Plagg in the container.

Marinette slipped next to me, her eyes narrowed with confidence. "Why are you here? And what's your name?" Marinette asked. The woman smirked, twirling the white mist that clung to her on her finger. "You can call me Lark, and I am here by orders, as I am sure Eagle can tell you a lot about."

Marinette and I turned toward Eagle, Marinette's eyes were felt with betrayal. "Elliot . . . what does she mean?" His face went red at the sound of his civillian name, and he sighs, "Look, Marinette, remember when I was with Hawkmoth-" Marinette cut him off with a screech, "SO YOU'VE BEEN WORKING FOR HIM THE WHOLE TIME?"

Elliot/Eagle shook his head, but Marinette's eyes grew foggy and tears starting running down her pink cheeks. "Let me explain!" Eagle says, but Marinette shook her head, "No, and she is your problem to face! Come on Adrien!" Marinette gestures toward Lark, and then storms out the door, clutching my hand as if it were made of iron.

"Marinette-" I began to say. After we were at a safe distance she turns toward me and falls into my arms, her head on my chest. I feel my cheeks heat up and I slowly wrap my arms around her. "So. . . Eagle is Elliot?" I ask.

Marinette just gave a slight nod. "I'm such a big crybaby." She mumbles into my chest. I rub her back comfortingly, and give her a smile, "No you're not."

She looks up into my green eyes, and musters up a little sad smile. I suddenly remember the akuma named Crybaby, and remember the visions that flashed in my mind when Crybaby struck me.

It was losing her.

I didn't know it back then, but behind my love for Ladybug, I had a thing for Marinette. I don't know how I didn't recognize her voice, before I thought it was just Ladybug, not both, but
the vision I had in my head was of looking at the ground, blood nearing my hands, hearing the screams and cries of Ladybug/Marinette, and tears falling toward the ground.

"Remember Crybaby?" I ask Marinette. "The song?" She says, wiping tears from her eyes. I shake my head, "No the akuma attack." I tell her. She nods, "Yeah, I remember." "The reason why I was crying so much, was because Crybaby attacked me." Marinette nodded again, "I know I saw."

I cleared my throat, "I was crying because I imagined you dying." Marinette wrapped her arms around my waist, and to my surprise she laughed, "I'm fine, I'm right here, and I'm also always going to be," She unwrapped her arms from my waist and placed her hands on my chest. "Here."

I kissed the top of her head. "You know we need to save Tikki and Plagg." She wiped all the tears and gave a bright smile, "Yeah, let's go, but first," She looked around the area and found a rubber ball and a wooden pole, "We need weapons."

Marinette and I run into the restaurant, and found Elliot out of his shadow form, trapped in chains tied to the wall, and a girl with a black and yellow suit. "Evil will not succeed! For I Queen Bee will conquer the crown!"

Marinette stood shocked, her mouth open at the arrival of the new hero. Queen Bee turned toward Marinette Marinette and I and gasped, "You?!" She growled with hatred.

Maybe this isn't a new hero.

_______________________________

Ayo loves! Guys for the next week and a half I will be updating less frequently don't hate me please, it is because I am visiting family in another state, so yeah.

QOTC: Do you prefer Lila or Chloé?

AOTC: Again don't hate me because a lot of the fandom seems to have forgiven Lila, but sorry again, but I hate Lila with a burning passion

-Mads