Chapter 4

(Ladybug)

Mayor Bourgeois, Chloé and I all walked into the Hospital solemnly, a nurse at the counter with too much makeup gasped when she saw us and ran up to the Mayor.

"Mr Bourgeois! Are you here to see Adrien? Just take a seat right here!" The nurse guided us to chairs in a waiting room.

"Once Mr. Agreste comes out you all may come in." She walks away and applies more blush to her cheeks.

The mayor wipes his forehead again and sighs, "Everything will be alright my angel." He assures his daughter. Chloé wipes her tears, mascara was running down her face, "Ladybug, will you go and check on him for me? Tell me how he looks?"

Anger flared through me, "How he looks?" I ask. Chloé stares at me blankly, "Tell me if he looks okay!" She whined.

I flash her a look, I bet if he looks bad she's going to break up with him! I growl and start walking toward Adrien's room as Mr. Agreste walks out.

"Ah Ladybug, here to pay my son a visit?" He asks, "Yes sir, and I'm terribly sorry what happend"

He stares at my earrings for a while and then shakes it off, "It's not your fault, and he'll recover in time." He walked off hiding his hand in his pocket.

Guilt washed over me, it kind of was my fault. I walked into the room and saw Adrien sleeping, half of his face was cut, most likely from all the broken glass, half of his head was shaved, and his right leg was broken.

I close the door and walk up to his bedside, "Adrien. . ." I kneeled down to where I could hear his shaky breaths. "Adrien I'm so sorry!" My eyes started tearing up.

"I know you probably can't hear me, but I just wanted to say that I . . . I did this to you - but I didn't mean it I swear!" I placed my hand on the side of his face that has no scars.

"And I've liked you ever since that day you gave me that umbrella . . ."

I stared at him for a couple more moments before I brought his forehead up to mine, "I love you Adrien . . . Stay with me."

Something next to him started to beep and I stared at it in shock, the nurses started rushing in, grabbing random tools and rushing me out.

I walked back to the waiting room, but the Mayor and Chloé were already gone. I sighed, walking outside and swinging my yo-yo building to building.

Once I got back home I detransformed and threw my head in my pillow, "Marinette don't worry you have your parents and me-"

I whipped my head around to face her, "STOP SAYING THAT TIKKI! YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH! NOTHING YOU SAY CAN MAKE ADRIEN BETTER! I DON'T NEED YOU! AND LIFE JUST SUCKS AND . . ." I couldn't finish my sentence, I started crying on my floor.

Tikki stared at me sympathetically, "You don't think I've gone through loss with every Ladybug I've ever worked with?"

I stare at the ground, "I'm sorry Tikki it's just . . ." Tikki grabbed a tissue and handed it to me, "I know Marinette, you don't have to talk about it," Tikki hugged my cheek.