Chapter 27

(Marinette)

I waited in the nice, little, cozy area near the receptionist table as I waited for Lilleth to come down here with Chloé. I held the new entertainment magazine issue claiming something about a newly wed couple, the famous, rich, Japanese-French, Tamaki Suoh and his wife, Haruhi Suoh.

I smile to myself, while remembering my old childhood crush on Tamaki Suoh. Imagining my five year old self fangirling over him as his face flashed on the television screen, I laughed out loud. Catching the gazes from an old couple that was walking in, and a servant who was escorting them in formally.

"Aye you!" He points toward me, using his thick british accent. "I don't remember escorting you in!" I look behind me, as if I was expecting him to be speaking to someone else, although I knew very well that I entered without a worker's consent.

"Who? Me?" I asked him very innocently; batting my eyelashes. His eye twitches in anger. "Yes you! Now get out right now miss!-" His face falls as he gazes at something that was behind me, "I don't think that will be necessary." A voice speaks calmly behind me. "Oh um! Yes sir!" The servant says quickly.

I turn around to see where the voice was coming from and saw the mayor himself. I jump a little. "Oh my! Miss Marinette was it?" He asks me kindly. I nod slightly, "Yes sir." He smiles, "Will you come with me for a minute? My daughter wishes to speak with you." I stand up and politely bow my head down, "Yes sir." I follow him into the elevator and press the floor number that Chloé and Lilleth were on.

Lilleth. I had totally forgotten that she didn't wish to see her ex husband. I felt my palms start to get sweaty and I stared at the ground. "Are you alright?" the Mayor asks me. I smile at him and nod, "Yes sir." He looked surprised that I used yet again the same response that I said before. Yes sir.

"May I ask you some questions Marinette?" He asks me. I tense up slightly, "Yes si-" I cough into my fist, "Yeah, sure."

"Question number one," He lifts one finger, "Are you afraid of me?" I shake my head, "Of course not sir!" He nods, and lifts another finger, "Two, are you scared of being trapped?" I raise my eyebrows, what kind of question was that? "Um . . . I guess, I mean anyone would be right?"

I saw his mouth turn up into a smile and felt myself get slightly uncomfortable. "Final question, what do you know about Lilleth?" He turned toward me; his face serious and dark. I narrow my eyes and shake my head, "I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know?" He narrowed his eyes this time and he took a rope and a gag out of his coat pocket. "Fine. Be trapped in an elevator until you die." My eyes widened and I felt myself grab at my purse as if I was about to yell "Tikki! Spots On!"

He forced the gag around my mouth and the ropes around my hands as he laughed like a maniac. The elevator door opened and I heard a gasp from Lilleth and a growl grom Chloé. "Hello my dears."

_____________________________________

//Word count: 560 words//

This chapter was not long at all and with it being two months until I last updated that is terrible, but I am currently really . . . REALLY tired and I have school tomorrow, so I need to head to bed.

Well G'night(or good morning based on your time zone) loves! I'll try to update soon this time!

-Madi